Performance questions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:50 pm

I was doing some different tests as well. On Windows 7, via Chrome and Node Webkit, the game runs great (using C2 143). On Windows 8, via Chrome and Node Webkit, it runs like a dog. Horrible horrible lag. A difference of 30 frames per second between the two.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 pm

@PKrawczynski

You'll have to be very picky for mobile performance. Usually for mobile games optimization is a huge part of it. Have you been checking your memory use on the C2 editor? It should give you a general id of the amount of memory your game wastes when running.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:03 am

[QUOTE=retrodude] @PKrawczynski

You'll have to be very picky for mobile performance. Usually for mobile games optimization is a huge part of it. Have you been checking your memory use on the C2 editor? It should give you a general id of the amount of memory your game wastes when running.[/QUOTE]

Im aware but problem is that no matter what player does, game hangs up after few seconds for a bit like from 2 to 5 seconds. He can even be in main menu screen and it can hang up!

we cant say its because 1 image and 2 sprites are too heavy for iphone can we?
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:29 pm

[QUOTE=PKrawczynski] Can mobile web performance be looked into?
I wouldnt mind sending Scirra employes zip file with game so they could look whats going on and why iphone/ipad have terrible performance.
Just give me email where it would be apriorate.[/QUOTE]
+1
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General