New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:01 am

[quote="ShadeKirby500":1tz8s8c2]Nice plugin, but why Chugs?[/quote:1tz8s8c2]
Mainly a reference to his lighter.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:10 am

Well the current thinking is that the universe is flat....
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Recently I reinstalled Construct and it took me quite a while to find this plugin (had to search Arsonide's posts). Is this plugin completed? Can it be moved to the appropriate forum? ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 pm

I've had no issues, other than it not working when the octaves, and frequency were set too high.
But that's only when the size was set low.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:58 pm

I guess it's completed, I haven't received any complaints about it. Feel free to move it wherever you like.

I saw someone in Construct's chat talking about Unity 3D, and went to go check that out, and am now happily addicted to everything about it. I've already implemented several very important features of my space game in it including crafting, inventory, space movement in 3D, and power management - you can run wires around the ship to power each component of it. Unity even makes multiplayer of all things a simple affair. It is the perfect combination of a 3D Map Editor AND the actual power of real code (either JavaScript or C#). It has an large and active community due to the current iPhone game rush. It is quite simply the closest equivalent to Construct that there is in three dimensions, and I love it. It's like Construct and Ogre had a love child.

That said, I will probably still do a dungeon plugin for Construct at some point, because I said I would, but it'll be on a slower timescale since I can only do so much. We're getting hammered at work cause of the upcoming holidays and I am spending most of my off-time splooging over Unity, because it is that awesome.

If development on the plugin becomes so problematic that it starts taking a very long time, there is a premade library designed for roguelike games that I can quickly port into Construct for you guys, but first I would like to try and finish the algorithm I'm already working on. Meanwhile, yeah you guys can move this thread to the release forum, and I can mirror the plugin somewhere else if you want.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Just make a new thread in the Completed Addons section :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 pm

I've downloaded the plugin and started to playing with it and THIS happend :)
It's very slow so I don't think there is any use for that. I have one problem, when a map gets generated I have white horizontal and vertical lines on my screen. I think it's a driver problem, but can you guys confirm it? I've tested it on 3 computers and 2 have lines.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 pm

[quote="Noga":18smr4h7]I've downloaded the plugin and started to playing with it and THIS happend :)
It's very slow so I don't think there is any use for that. I have one problem, when a map gets generated I have white horizontal and vertical lines on my screen. I think it's a driver problem, but can you guys confirm it? I've tested it on 3 computers and 2 have lines.[/quote:18smr4h7]

Im actually doing something like that in my current project, so I can tell you I get the artifacts when I use canvas's "draw point".
My workaround is "draw line".
current x, current y, current x+1, current y+1

That's a lot of currents...., but it works.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:51 pm

[quote="newt":5nbhk0f4]My workaround is "draw line".[/quote:5nbhk0f4]
Ok, will try.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi, i know this is from 2011 but i have a question about that. If I have amplitude 4, values will be -4 to 4. But when i test, i always have -2 to 2 (something like that).

What is wrong ? Thx.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion