Personal license error and not able to use

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hello,

I just purchased the personal license. I tried installing it and re-opened the application and it gave me the following error:

" A license file for Construct 2 was found, but there was an error loading it. Construct 2 has reverted to Free edition.

This can occur if the file is damaged, corrupted or otherwise modified in any way. If you have a backup of your license file, try restoring it. Otherwise please contact and we'll try to sort you out as quickly as we can."

Anyone able to help with this? I also sent in an email and am waiting to hear back.

• Justin
  • You can try to re-download via the store - Your Downloads.

If that doesn't work, then email and Tom will be able to help you.

• Try to re-download your license file from the Store (you should be able to do that). If it still doesn't work, just wait for Scirra's answer I guess.

• Already tried this, with no effect. Will forward my original email on to support.

• Been a couple days and no luck... The only suggestions i've received from support were to re-download the license file and manually point the application at it via the "About dialog" then clicking "Load license", which i have done numerous times to no avail :/

Ashley, I've seen you dealt with this successfully before in a previous thread. Would you have the time to take a look?

• We deal with all license-related issues by email, please continue to take this up there if you still have trouble.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have been paying for the license for some time now. I lost my license file and wanted to re download it.

BUt when I went to the store, my downloads is empty

Please read Ashleys post above yours.

You should email for all licensing issues.

BTW you look like you were an early adopter - like me - so we don't actually have a purchasing history as we got ours before the store existed.

You should still have the email with the key attached, however, but if not, then email support.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)