perspective drawer

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • all this does is draw boxes in 3D!!!!, yea really i wasted my time making this lol. well its not done yet, i plan on adding raytraced lighting and z buffering so its actually usefull, i even plan on making more primitives like triangular prisms and cylinders ,stuff like that.

it basically works by using 2 point perspective and alot some linear beziers ect ect.

download and tell me what you think

i dont know if im going to use it or not, it might be cool to make a game using this, when the lightings implemented

move the canvas at the top down to see wireframe

• :O Thats pretty awesome! Sadly if you add textures to those shapes the texture becomes slightly distorted (as opposed to 3d box) because the distortion doesn't allow for texture z distortion. Its on my todo list to look into texture z manipulation because it would be nice if you could distort each corner of a sprite and it mapped the texture in such a way that it looked 3d. But anyways good job! I think I allowed distortion to adjust the filter of each vertex so you could do some kind of vertex lighting if you wanted

• That's slick

• Very nice. Looks promising.

Sadly if you add textures to those shapes the texture becomes slightly distorted (as opposed to 3d box) because the distortion doesn't allow for texture z distortion. Its on my todo list to look into texture z manipulation because it would be nice if you could distort each corner of a sprite and it mapped the texture in such a way that it looked 3d.

've found that you can correct the texture distortion by having a map size of at least 2x2 (the larger your map size the more correct the texture becomes) and interpolating your X, Y, Z values between points (or just X,Y; I've been emulating my Z value).

I'm probably not explaining myself very well (I have a habit of doing that). Here is an .exe to show my results however.

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... ection.zip

Controls:

1 = Decrease map size

2 = Increase map size

Movement:

• W,A,S,D
    • Up, Down, Left, Right
    • Ctrl, Space

Note: The transparency is because it is still very much a work in progress, and as a result lacks a Z Buffer.

• Ummm that broke my brain just glancing at the events. I'm not even going to pretend I know how that works. Nice job though mate. You guys make me feel super dumb when I look at this kind of stuff.

~Sol

• Nice! Seems everyone's in for 3D drawing these days

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very nice. Looks promising. > Sadly if you add textures to those shapes the texture becomes slightly distorted (as opposed to 3d box) because the distortion doesn't allow for texture z distortion. Its on my todo list to look into texture z manipulation because it would be nice if you could distort each corner of a sprite and it mapped the texture in such a way that it looked 3d. > 've found that you can correct the texture distortion by having a map size of at least 2x2 (the larger your map size the more correct the texture becomes) and interpolating your X, Y, Z values between points (or just X,Y; I've been emulating my Z value). I'm probably not explaining myself very well (I have a habit of doing that). Here is an .exe to show my results however.

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... ection.zip

Controls: 1 = Decrease map size 2 = Increase map size Movement: - W,A,S,D - Up, Down, Left, Right - Ctrl, Space

Note: The transparency is because it is still very much a work in progress, and as a result lacks a Z Buffer.

Link is down.

• man this thing was hell to program, i forgot about it lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)