Petition to change Construct3 subscription payment

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Not a fan of the cloud/browser based engine (I like to feel I OWN what I bought, having it in my PC, being able to use whenever I want, even without internet), but far less interested in the subscription payment (for a similar reason than the listed before).

Unfortunately, unless they change these decisions, not going to upgrade to Construct 3. And I don't even care about how great the software may potentially be, or how many great features it might have (if there is actually huge things still to be announced). These two things are enough for me jumping out of the boat. Hate cloud services, hate rental payment services, I never go for any of them no matter how great the software is.

Just going to migrate to something else. Maybe Clickteam Fusion 3.

Seems like Scirra is completely out of touch with its community.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:57 pm

irbis wrote:Well the man himself just did:

Indeed. Well, I guess I have to click 1 more on my computer to open up Chrome to use C3 in it's early days. Of course it would be more comfortable to be able to use it in the browsers users are accustomed to, but I don't think it's a deal-breaker. I think the C2 Community is well aware that Chrome is the leader in browser technologies.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:41 pm

glerikud wrote:
irbis wrote:Well the man himself just did:

Indeed. Well, I guess I have to click 1 more on my computer to open up Chrome to use C3 in it's early days. Of course it would be more comfortable to be able to use it in the browsers users are accustomed to, but I don't think it's a deal-breaker. I think the C2 Community is well aware that Chrome is the leader in browser technologies.

Oh wow. No. I have no idea where do you get your intel from, but you are totaly wrong and unaware of dangers and long-term effects of using a 3rd party framework as main (and only?) workspace of your core business software. No offence, but if you don't see the dangers and do not understand the gravity of this current situation then there is no point in explaining.

But by all means - prove us wrong. Met me here again, in 3 years, and tell me how many games you've made and published using C2 or C3. But with facts and actions, not "hippy-talk" and back-patting.

The latter two are exactly what pushed Scirra into this current mess.

There is a reason why people are so pissed and concerned. But as I said - by all means - prove us wrong.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 pm

irbis wrote:I have no idea where do you get your intel from, but you are totaly wrong and unaware of dangers and long-term effects of using a 3rd party framework as main (and only?) workspace of your core business software.

I think I wasn't clear. I do see the potential problem with this and I don't like the idea of a browser based editor either. I was quite surprised when I read about it. In my post I was just referring to Chrome as target browser now, and not being able to use it in other ones.

irbis wrote:But as I said - by all means - prove us wrong.

+1 Let's see what Scirra made.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:34 am

JaredX wrote:Most people here who use & enjoy C2 are hobbyist, myself included. I will not pay a subscription fee for C3.

Same with me.

I use Construct for a very long time now and I do not plan to start a subscription service to use it a few times a month.

If making games thought Construct 2 was my work, I woulden't mind it, but it isn't.

It's just another way for Scirra to earn more money and its sad to see that they chosed this path.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 am

Honestly, I'd be happy to even have a monthly subscription option. I'd pay $10/month (which is more expensive that paying for a year all at once) to really try it out for a month or two before deciding if I want to pay for a full year.

At the end of the day, $100 for a year isn't bad, but I don't want to pay because I'm not sure I'll really use it enough to justify the costs. With a buy once model I can use it a bit, then come back to it two years later if I decide to jump back in for a bit. At least a monthly subscription would let me do that, too.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:16 pm

I am not a fan of the subscription plan. I am an adult that works 9-10 hours a day. I can go days, weeks without using Construct 2. I'm full of ideas but because life gets in the way, it is very hard to get anything completed. Then I think of the younger users that have to save their money from chores to buy that one item that they have been wanting. One thing I loved was that Construct 2 was different than most software, seems every software company out there is doing the subscription plans. Unless you are a hard core user
the subscription plan wouldn't phase you. But the hobbyist would be getting ripped off. I do love construct,
so please I'm not knocking the company or the program. Great people and a great program. the subscription plan is a bad idea in my opinion.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Jonkey wrote:I am not a fan of the subscription plan. I am an adult that works 9-10 hours a day. I can go days, weeks without using Construct 2. I'm full of ideas but because life gets in the way, it is very hard to get anything completed. Then I think of the younger users that have to save their money from chores to buy that one item that they have been wanting. One thing I loved was that Construct 2 was different than most software, seems every software company out there is doing the subscription plans. Unless you are a hard core user
the subscription plan wouldn't phase you. But the hobbyist would be getting ripped off. I do love construct,
so please I'm not knocking the company or the program. Great people and a great program. the subscription plan is a bad idea in my opinion.

It also screws over professionals starting out, which adds another regular expense they can barely afford.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Or you can just buy C2, which will still be available (and can basically do everything C3 can do anyway).

Seems to me like a matter of wanting all the nice things but not wanting to pay for it.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pm

I hate hate... the way life decisions work .
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion