Phenomenon 32

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat May 15, 2010 3:12 am

[quote="LavaWave":3alz9d5j]so far I haven't experienced any error.[/quote:3alz9d5j]
Yeah, it was super stable for me too. I probably played for around 4-5 hours and it only crashed twice. Once when trying to start the program, and the second one that wiped out the save file. It's a bummer cause I really like this game.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 15, 2010 4:59 am

Grinding was mentioned, is this an RPG or strategy?
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 15, 2010 5:14 am

[quote="MisfitBYTE":36fol5vc]Grinding was mentioned, is this an RPG or strategy?[/quote:36fol5vc]
I'd consider it an action/adventure but it includes many common RPG tasks similar to leveling up. There wasn't any strategy that I could see.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 15, 2010 5:44 am

Thanks, on dialup so large downloads are a pain if I'm not sure about what I'm getting. Rpg was the magic phrase though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 15, 2010 4:37 pm

the game doesn't work for me, there is not even an error message. When i start the game a black screen appears then the game hangs, i have to use ALT+CTRL+DEL to exit the game. Downloading a 200Mb+ game on a 256K modem and finding that it doesn't work is not a nice experience.

Here are specs of my PC if you need them:

WinXP SP2 32 bit
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X200 graphics
DirectX 9.0c (i'm sure i have the latest version)

Anyways I liked the story i read on the website, but I have a one doubt, what is the meaning of destroying reality?? :wink: If I am right Catastrophe Theory says that reality doesn't exist(it's not unique) :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 16, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm surprised to hear some people lost their savegames. I hadn't heard of that or experienced that before. Very peculiar. This didn't happen after you installed the patch, did it? Because I changed the location where the game saves its files after v1.0. (It now saves them in AppData, which is much better.)

The game is now at v1.3, with another update in the works, and several problems people were having have been solved.

I fear some of the crashes and problems people are having are not due to me, but due to deeper problems with Construct. It's hard to tell, because the game is so massive, but I don't think any of the current, seemingly random crashes are due to any screw-ups in the code (or rather event sheets). I think the cause is more likely to be tiny bugs in Construct that only start appearing when you make a game this absurdly big. I guess we'll find that out as more people make huge games...

As for those of you who are enjoying the game without issues... yay!
B
G

Post » Fri May 28, 2010 3:53 pm

There's a new patch out which fixes a few bugs and, more importantly, adds a more common and accessible control scheme.

The download link is:
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/phen ... 2370/3492/
B
G

Post » Sat May 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Jonas,

I tried your game. Being an adept of abandonware and platform/RPG games, I liked the gameplay and the black & white graphics.
But after a few hours, a crash erased my save file (--> finally, it seems it's a relatively frequent problem :/). The game (v1.4 + patch 1.5) crashed around 5+ times in total, I think (I didn't count), particularly when I clicked on the laboratory icon on the map. It crashed 1 time on launching (but not the 1st time I launched it).

Except these damn bugs (which not depend of you*), I have two main critics :
- The ressources farming is irrelevant (even if their reappearance is "justifed" by the plot...) ;
- The game should be playable in windowed mode. It's too large, too pixelized (though I'm far to be an anti-pixels guy !).

* I hope the software will continue to be developped, so your game can become more stable. You said that the bigger a game is, the more it has a chance to crash. Are you sure of that ? It's a bit frightening ; with a software like Construct, people expect precisely to be able to make a game of any size, without being limited in any way.

Anyhow, congratulations for your nice job. It clearly deserves attention.
(And please forget my English !...)
B
G

Post » Sat May 29, 2010 4:40 pm

[quote="Arcanod":nnvcvwq1]ut after a few hours, a crash erased my save file[/quote:nnvcvwq1]

With the size of this game, this bug is a real deal breaker. If it can't be fixed, at the very least give the user the option to backup their save file!! or as a secondary solution tell us where the save file is so we can manually back it up.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 29, 2010 4:59 pm

[quote="Arcanod":dbtpdqev]
But after a few hours, a crash erased my save file (--> finally, it seems it's a relatively frequent problem :/). The game (v1.4 + patch 1.5) crashed around 5+ times in total, I think (I didn't count), particularly when I clicked on the laboratory icon on the map. It crashed 1 time on launching (but not the 1st time I launched it).[/quote:dbtpdqev]

This seems to be extremely system-specific. Very, very few people have reported savegame-erasing crashes so far.

[quote:dbtpdqev]- The ressources farming is irrelevant (even if their reappearance is "justifed" by the plot...) ;[/quote:dbtpdqev]
Why? That's not really something I've heard before.

[quote:dbtpdqev]The game should be playable in windowed mode. It's too large, too pixelized (though I'm far to be an anti-pixels guy !).[/quote:dbtpdqev]
Will be in the next patch.

[quote:dbtpdqev] You said that the bigger a game is, the more it has a chance to crash. Are you sure of that ?[/quote:dbtpdqev]
With these bugs being so erratic, I'm not sure about anything, but that was very much the sense that I got as I developed the game. Maybe it was coincidence, but I doubt it.

[quote:dbtpdqev]With the size of this game, this bug is a real deal breaker. If it can't be fixed, at the very least give the user the option to backup their save file!! or as a secondary solution tell us where the save file is so we can manually back it up.[/quote:dbtpdqev]
As I said, the bug seems to be rare. But obviously I understand that it can be most annoying.
The savegames are in the AppData folder (usually C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Phenomenon 32 Saves). You would need to copy all the files there.
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations