PhoneGap and iPhone 5 lanscape splash screen... please help

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi all,

I have a problem submitting my iOS app compiled with PhoneGap. My app is landscape only and I want to add custom splash screen. According to PhoneGap documentation, I added those lines in my config.xml:

<!-- iPhone and iPod touch -->

<splash src="Default.png" platform="ios" width="320" height="480" />

<splash src="Default@2x.png" platform="ios" width="640" height="960" />

<!-- iPhone 5 / iPod Touch (5th Generation) -->

<splash src="Default-568h@2x.png" platform="ios" width="640" height="1136" />

<!-- iPad -->

<splash src="Default-Portrait.png" platform="ios" width="768" height="1024" />

<splash src="Default-Landscape.png" platform="ios" width="1024" height="768" />

<!-- Retina iPad -->

<splash src="Default-Portrait@2x.png" platform="ios" width="1536" height="2048" />

<splash src="Default-Landscape@2x.png" platform="ios" width="2048" height="1536" />

On all devices tested (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, iPad non retina and iPad Retina), my custom splash screen is displayed correctly.

But when submitting my app, I get this error:

ERROR ITMS-90096: "Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5 - New iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image referenced in the Info.plist under UILaunchImages with a UILaunchImageSize value set to {320, 568}." ....

I guess it is because my is in fact a landscape picture (1136x640), when Apple waits for a portait picture.

So I changed my picture to 640x1136 picture, submitting is OK, but the splash screen displayed is not OK: it is automatically rotated and stretched...

Please have a look on the 3 pictures below. The first one is the image included in my app (640x1136), the second one is what I would like to see on my iPhone and the third one is what is displayed :

I tried to add a 2nd splash for iPhone 5 with landscape orientation, but PhoneGap does not include this picture in the ipa file.

<splash src="Default-landscape-568h@2x.png" platform="ios" width="1136" height="640" />

Does somebody face the same problem? Do you have a solution?

Thx!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • According to this : github.com/phonegap/build/issues/411

It seems to be a PhoneGapBuild bug... Nobody else uses a landscape splash screen??

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)