Post » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:52 am

@Ashley

All I needed to hear.

Thanks. :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:19 am

@Ashley, yes, it always happens. If I hit 'Home' during the game, and leave the phone for even 30 minutes, I can go back to it and view Usage, to see that the app is still hogging CPU - and presumably battery too.

Happily send you the APK, however embarrassing it happens to be in it's current state :)
B

Post » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Just to note, I have checked my Android and I do not have this issue.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 am

Hey, any updates on this?

As in, has anyone managed to find a way to respond to the Android Menu key (not Home key) in C2 packaged with PhoneGap?

I understand it's on @Ashley 's todo list - in the meantime, any workarounds?

I am not interested (for now at least) in the Home key or the app going dormant etc. I would like to intercept the Menu key, to display a proper menu. Back key would also be very useful to intercept - I could use it for example to return the user to the previous layout in situations where it makes sense, instead of having them land on the Home screen.

The Android app user intuitively expects that the Menu key will pop a menu and the Back key will get them back in the app, not all the way back to the Home screen.

Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 pm

I am also very interested in this. My primary reason for using C2 is to make mobile apps so this will be a big step.
ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 am

You can learn PhoneGap and compile yourself. :p
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:22 am

I have been experimenting with packing my own webviews using the Android SDK and the MotoDev Droid flavour of eclipse. Here is the basic tutorial:
http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/views/hello-webview.html

There is quite a lot of easily copy/pasteable code on the android tutorial site to easily take control of things like "pause on call" and back buttons.

I have opted to use my own webviews over phone gap because my game/s are powered by a python back end. Also sound works a lot better when you are simply wrapping a hosted game into an APK. When I have some time I'll put up an eclipse project file and tutorial to make this easy.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 am

[QUOTE=mikepixie] I have been experimenting with packing my own webviews using the Android SDK and the MotoDev Droid flavour of eclipse. Here is the basic tutorial:
http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/views/hello-webview.html

There is quite a lot of easily copy/pasteable code on the android tutorial site to easily take control of things like "pause on call" and back buttons.

I have opted to use my own webviews over phone gap because my game/s are powered by a python back end. Also sound works a lot better when you are simply wrapping a hosted game into an APK. When I have some time I'll put up an eclipse project file and tutorial to make this easy.[/QUOTE]
is there any progress on this tutorial?
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?