Physic Objects + Drag&Drop control

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:37 am

BarneyGumble44,
are you making crush-the-castle remake? :)
[url:25rmy13m]http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/crush-the-castle-players-pack[/url:25rmy13m]
B
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:04 pm

[quote="Russ":2xe3l0p3]BarneyGumble44,
[url:2xe3l0p3]http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/crush-the-castle-players-pack[/url:2xe3l0p3][/quote:2xe3l0p3]

Damn you, there went my morning, lol. I just quit playing that after clicking your link! That's a fun game, never seen it before! :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:30 pm

[quote="Lost my Keys":34b7roa3][quote="Russ":34b7roa3]BarneyGumble44,
[url:34b7roa3]http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/crush-the-castle-players-pack[/url:34b7roa3][/quote:34b7roa3]

Damn you, there went my morning, lol. I just quit playing that after clicking your link! That's a fun game, never seen it before! :D[/quote:34b7roa3]
:lol: soooorry

You know Armor Games made some other physics-based games on Flash. I like them.
(oh.. sorry again :o )
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:47 pm

hello again,

thx for the help...
this is what we have so far http://www.oinobareion.at/files/undersiege.0.01.cap

i tried to implement this "forbidden area" thing by Madster...

[quote:2od4xfzw]yeah I did this once. Also you need to make sure the scene has "settled".
What I did is check collision on a "forbidden area" sprite, and if nothing had touched it for a while, go ftw.[/quote:2od4xfzw]

I created a new sprite that defines the forbidden area and added an event like this:

+ NOT on collision between spr_ForbiddenArea and spr_castleelement01
+ do something like open a text message

... but it simply does nothing! how can I make this work? and how can I make sure the scene has "settled"?
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:55 pm

You can't really invert a trigger like On Collision. Try inverting the Overlap condition instead, so it reads:

+ NOT forbiddenArea is overlapping castleParts
-> Do something
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:34 pm

ok, i tried this one:

+ NOT spr_castleelement01 (Pick) AND spr_forbiddenArea (pick) are overlapping
+ create Object spr_catapultball (just to see, if it works)

but it starts spawning catapultballs from the beginning. why?

http://www.oinobareion.at/files/undersiege.0.01.cap

looks quite funny, but it's not what I expected :-)
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:50 pm

:lol: LOL :lol:

I just looked at your .cap, and messed around with it for a while. No matter what I tried, it still spawned the cannon balls. I was scratching my head saying "what the hell is going on?"

Then Mr. Obvious drove a truck through my living room and ran me over while honking and yelling "DUH, PIXELS"

Your forbidden area sprite is set to Per Pixel collision. But... it has no pixels. Set it to bounding box and it works fine :P. I just assumed you had it set that way so I totally overlooked it.

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the least obvious answer I guess...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm running construct v.0.99.72 and all the files run kinda funky..
everything just drops down and then it crashes..

just me ?

[edit]

hmm.. after looking into it again.. i have to click in the editor on every item that has a physics behaviour then it starts to work . . . better but not right i think...
There are millions of balls droping down and sii.. how do i make a video of this? :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 pm

[quote="eski":37sfm1ai]I'm running construct v.0.99.72 and all the files run kinda funky.. [/quote:37sfm1ai]

I can confirm that's true. It's likely due to the new changes to the Physics behavior in 99.72. Since this .cap was made in an earlier version, the changes to Construct broke it. It happens occasionally, when changes get made something might break. That's the nature of beta software... nothing is permanent yet.

Anyway it is fixable, as you said... you can click on each object and apparently that propagates the info in the new "Simulation Steps" field in the properties that was added in the recent build. And any new physics project made with 99.72 will work fine.

By the way, the millions of balls dropping down thing is what is supposed to happen... it's coded with events to do that ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:12 am

[quote="deadeye":9xd0pw4c][quote="eski":9xd0pw4c]I'm running construct v.0.99.72 and all the files run kinda funky.. [/quote:9xd0pw4c]

I can confirm that's true. It's likely due to the new changes to the Physics behavior in 99.72. Since this .cap was made in an earlier version, the changes to Construct broke it. It happens occasionally, when changes get made something might break. That's the nature of beta software... nothing is permanent yet.

Anyway it is fixable, as you said... you can click on each object and apparently that propagates the info in the new "Simulation Steps" field in the properties that was added in the recent build. And any new physics project made with 99.72 will work fine.

By the way, the millions of balls dropping down thing is what is supposed to happen... it's coded with events to do that ;)[/quote:9xd0pw4c]

ahh.. figures.. thought it was something like that..
didnt look at the code that well.. was in a real hurry.. running late to see Avatar in 3d.. awesome.. :D

btw.. did you get the pm ? :oops:
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic