Physics based controls and delta time frustration

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 3:54 pm

ah i see, my bad.

although you could actually try what I said and see if it works for you.. depending on your context i guess...

I've set my characters collision object as a circle, and to move left and right it sets angular velocity clockwise or anticlockwise. It actually works pretty good.. Changing the friction adjusts the inertia.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 4:10 pm

[QUOTE=keepee]I've set my characters collision object as a circle, and to move left and right it sets angular velocity clockwise or anticlockwise. It actually works pretty good.. Changing the friction adjusts the inertia.[/QUOTE]

Sounds fun, especially when riding across other physics objects.

In my Case it's flying with two button controls.
left button: turn left(and accellerate a little);
right button: turn right(and accellerate a little);
both buttons: accellerate

For today I've spent enough time on this issue, tomorrow I'll test your approach from above ;)

Thanks againAndyKayJah2013-05-11 16:11:42
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 4:18 pm

|| Sounds fun, especially when riding across other physics objects.

yup! like in old cartoons where a character is riding a barrel, and has to run backwards to make it go forwards

|| In my Case it's flying with two button controls.

ah ... it might be a bit crappy in this case, it'll just make it turn very stiff.. like in asteroids.
Best do it by applying torque...
relevant protip: set the angular damping very high to stop it from spinning too much when you stop turning
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 25, 2013 12:54 am

[QUOTE]relevant protip: set the angular damping very high to stop it from spinning too much when you stop turning[/QUOTE]

Even better: high angular damping on key press, low angular damping on key release, so that it can still rotate realistically on collision ;) had that one covered^^
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?