Physics based issue with Capx

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi Guys

I have a ball like object with physics property and it bounces without any damping, because I want it to constantly bounce at the same force. I also have a sort of drag shield that acts as a solid and will interact with the ball. This is where I would like some help.

1.) How do I make it so that the ball bounce at the same force even after hitting the shield. For example: the ball bounces 5 units high, if I put the shield at 3 units high directly under the ball, it will bounce 8 units high.

2.) Although the ball has the force to bounces 5 units high, once it is disturbed by the shield constantly and at different angles, it will lose its force and bounce strength. How do I ensure that the ball will always maintain its force and bounce strength.

I feel that perhaps the solution to both is the same. But I wanted to let you guys know what I am trying to achieve.

I have my capx below. (please press ctrl and drag a shield out with the mouse)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgljg73gsa7qsn3/PhysicsBounceTest.capx

Would really appreciate any help. Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:16 pm

As the bounce is based on the speed it hits the shield if the shield interupts a bounce it's bounce will be smaller.

Maybe you could set elasticity to 0 and have an impulse applied at every collision to make sure every bounce has the same bouncing speed.

I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:06 pm

@LittleStain

Thanks. Creating a manual form of collision with all solids will definitely be able to give me the effect I am looking for.

I hope you don't mind this noob question, but what does the impulse setting do? Sorry, I really don't know about much of the settings in physics.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?