Physics box push

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Push the Box Puzzle Game likes Sokoban made with Illustrator
  • Hi all,

I am trying to implement box pushing into my platformer, but I can't quite seem to get it to work all that well. My main concern is how to make the box fall realistically. I started using physics, and while looking at another topic on these forums, I found some a useful .cap file to use as reference:

However, this cap file still does not explain everything I need to know. Basically, the box, when pushed off an edge, does not behave realistically; gravity is far too weak, so the box drifts down, instead of falling down.

So my problem is how to fix this. I tried tweaking physics attributes, to no avail. Adding mass makes it too heavy to push, increasing gravity makes the box bounce and act kinda funny. I tried giving the box a platformer behavior; with this, I was able to edit the gravity of the box as it fell, but for one reason or another it won't stop bouncing, as if gravity is pulling it down and the world is pushing it back up. Of course, I CAN make it stop bouncing if I turn gravity off on the Physics behavior, but then the box slides forever on the ground. Furthermore, even while changing these values, the box still does not fall straight down, but instead falls at an angle (even with the horizontal air value turned down to 0).

Basically, how do I create a box that the player can push, a box that will fall 'realistically'? The only way I can think of at the moment is to use a number of custom events that change values based on where the box is in location to the world and the box's current state, but that seems like a pain...

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)