Physics collision issue.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the collision detection using the physics behavior. I have circle sprites trimmed all the way down so there is no transparency outside of the circle. I have the collision mask set to circle on all of the objects involved. The problem is that I have moving physics objects, and they seem to trigger the on collision with actions about 5 pixels or so early. It triggers the event, but the objects continue moving toward each other, and then they bounce off. Any Idea what could be causing this? Accuracy is a huge part of this game, so its really throwing a wrench in my plans.

Thank you
Adam
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:25 pm

I was just playing with a sample and it seems fairly accurate. Try pulling everything out except a couple test items and see if they work.

I have attached the test I did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit me at EgoAnt.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:41 am

EgoAnt wrote:I was just playing with a sample and it seems fairly accurate. Try pulling everything out except a couple test items and see if they work.

I have attached the test I did.

Hey thanks for the input! I actually just updated the version of Construct I was using, and turned Pixel Rounding on, and that seemed to fix it up. Not sure if it was the pixel rounding, or if something was a little wonky with the unstable version i was using. Thanks again!
B
S

Return to How do I....?