physics dragon

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:41 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?xi0tlywdrjl
a little physics based dragon.

it was a character in a game, but i decided to scrap the physics movement. i was having issues with getting it to turn the other direction. mirror brakes all the hinges, the only thing i could think of is creating a whole new object every x seconds after it turns. but that would be double the objects.

oh well, using a bullet based movement seams to be easier to control.

----------

left click -move
right click -loosen jaw
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Interesting.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:20 am

Really nice! The hinges seems to work a lot better now compared to when i last tested them.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:04 pm

That's very nice. I tried to mirror the animations when checking if the X of the mouse is behind the X of the head and at the same time apply the same hinges you have in the start of the layout. but the objects don't go to their places. I tried to check the points and they all seem correct. I don't understand why it doesn't work.
B
G

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Nice.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:31 pm

[quote="triplehex":1y999ank]hat's very nice. I tried to mirror the animations when checking if the X of the mouse is behind the X of the head and at the same time apply the same hinges you have in the start of the layout. but the objects don't go to their places. I tried to check the points and they all seem correct. I don't understand why it doesn't work.[/quote:1y999ank]

yeah hopefully scirra fixes it so changes in animation does not break hinges, if that were the case this type of movement would be plausible. but i really have no idea whats involved under the hood, it may be a rather complex problem.
B
S
G

Return to Your tutorials & example files