Physics objects freeze after save state loaded

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
State Machine
$10.99 USD
State Machine is a great tool for managing the state of anything in your game.
  • Problem Description

As stated in this general thread, physics objects will sometimes freeze after I save and load a save state.

In my own game, the conditions leading to this bug seem to be more complicated, but in the minimal demos provided, the bug will happen most of the time if the physics object has the "No save" behavior.

After a save state has been saved and loaded, any physics objects (including newly-created ones) will not move at all. After a seemingly-random amount of time, physics will resume and all objects will start moving as expected.

Attach a Capx

Physics Freeze Bug3.capx

Description of Capx

There are three buttons: "Blood" will make a spray of physics-enabled sprites that fly off in random directions. "Save" will save the game's state. "Load" will load the above state.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Press the Blood button at least once
    • Press Save
    • Press Load
    • Press Blood several times.

Observed Result

Most of the time, the particles will be stuck in place for a while before they all start moving at once.

Results may be inconsistent so the process may have to be repeated.

Expected Result

The particles will begin flying off as soon as they are created, as they did before Save/Load were pressed for the first time.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 252 (64-bit)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.

• Awesome! I'll be looking forward to that update!

• Well, this is strange. In both the demo I sent you and my new work-in-progress, the bug is fixed. But in my completed, already-released game (with the same 'engine'), the bug is still present.

I don't suppose there's any reason the preview & export function might fail to publish the most up-to-date code? I tried clearing my Firefox cache before running the preview to be sure.

If you could possibly figure out the cause of the same behavior in this stripped-down version of my existing game, that would be awesome.

Instructions for reproducing the bug are on-screen.

Still-broken demo

Regardless, thanks a lot for at least fixing the problem in my new game!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)