Pick by Comparison and multiple families problem

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Problem Description
When using Pick by Comparison to filter between two families, only some of the sprite are selected

Attach a Capx
http://www.xhelos.com/c2/PickAndFamiliesProblem.capx

Description of Capx
At the start of the game, all sprites in Abductables and Units family should move to the right of the screen

Steps to Reproduce Bug
    Just Start the game

Observed Result
Only some of the selected Sprites move. for what I understand, only the sprites that are before the upHealth sprites in the abductables family move. upHealth is an abducatble but is doesn't belong to units family

Expected Result
All of the abductables and units family should move

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES)
  • FireFox: (YES)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits, Service Pack1

Construct 2 Version ID
Release 168 (64 -bits)

NOTE: I have put some events that alter the order of the families being picked, this works. Also if we enable the action units->formard units.speed/5 pixels, and disable abductables->move forward units.speed/5, it work. Only units have the speed parameter.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Closing as not a bug. 'Pick by comparison' will not do what you appear to be assuming it does, because the families have different sets of objects in them, so they do not pair up. It's a strange thing to do to compare UIDs like that anyway, why not just use only one family through the whole event?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi Ashley, well It's because I need to use the instance variables from both families to filter what I want. If I dont use pick, then All the members from both families that complete the conditions are picked.

Here's an awesome graphic:

The capx is a simplification of what I'm doing with the real game. My real objective is to filter some sprites according to instance variables from two families. I asked before: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=91500, and that's the Gotcha I'm using for that purpose
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs