Picker with OR statements not working properly

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
HSV RGB Color Picker and Converter for Construct 3
  • Problem Description

When you setup a condition string a certain way, it fails and does not pick all the correct items, causing things to not be displayed properly.

Attach a Capx

http://www.nitrolic.com/error.capx

You may need to right click and save this one... I don't have capx in my htaccess file on my server.

Description of Capx

Capx should be self explanatory.

Observed Result

The way this is setup, it should first:

-Select all the sprites, but only the ones with "Left" as a boolean value set to true. After, it selects both "LeftSprite" and "RightSprite" based on the instance variable set by the sprite family... of which both sprites have the same ID... so technically, it should have three 'picked'.... one of which is picked twice (Left)

-The next step is where it fails.... if LeftSprite **OR** RightSprite has a weight of anything other than 0 then it should do the next step..... it goes to the next step like it should, but the next step is where you see the problem... it ONLY deletes one of the two. The problem here is, whichever sprite has a weight set to 0, it removes it from the "pick" list, instead of going through because one of them equals zero and keeping the pick list intact.

Expected Result

It should NOT remove it from the pick list.

Construct 2 Version ID

All versions including current beta.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It continues because the condition is true.

And yes it removes the Left one from the picklist.

You dont want it to act different. What if you use the two conditions on there own ? Or in an and ?

Pick conditions do pick, there is no way arround that, they are designed to pick, and it is good as it is (my opnion).

It pleases me mutch dat you understand the picklist fully.

But, do you know that you can compare things without touching the picklist ? And that you should if that is what you want to do ?

Look :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1SSu ... Wg2bjdETGs

• Ahh.. never thought of comparing it using "compare two values".... good point. Thanks.

• Closing as not a bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)