Picks

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Man, I love these, ... You can stuff so many pickings in one event controlling so many aspects, its silly.

Though it has a flaw, either I am totally missing a picking overview in the debugger, or it does not exist.

I would love to be able to see my pickings from an event.

For example, I would like to see a list containing picked items as a results from all the picks in events 20

Somewhere in the debugger:

PICKS EVENT #20 [objectname1.uid,objectname1.uid,objectname2.uid,objectname3.uid]

In some scenarios it could go a bit crazy, with a huge program with many sheets, but I would imagine some looped event creating the same boxes structure for sheets and picks as it does with the performance indicators in %.

As an addition, when seeing picked events go by, it would then be good to have a pause button in the debugger.

lennaert2014-02-13 19:07:57
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:26 pm

I know this is an old forums, but I did a forum search to see if anybody else had figured this out. I didn't find anything else on the forums. I figured it out myself, so hopefully this helps.

I posted a capx. Let me know if you have any questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"In truth we live, In Truth we die"
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Xerullian wrote:I know this is an old forums, but I did a forum search to see if anybody else had figured this out. I didn't find anything else on the forums. I figured it out myself, so hopefully this helps.

I posted a capx. Let me know if you have any questions.

That is pretty clever :D

Thanks, that will definitely aid when it comes to huge picking events which require debugging :D
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:43 am

Good stuff. I was thinking I'd have to write some logging solution but now I'll definitely check this out. I'd never looked at the Browser plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:55 am

Ohh yeahh, this seems to be pretty helpful! Great :)
https://www.helmade.com
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:41 pm

If anyone is interested, here's an updated .capx that uses functions and is cleaned up for better readability.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"In truth we live, In Truth we die"
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General