Picks

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Man, I love these, ... You can stuff so many pickings in one event controlling so many aspects, its silly.

Though it has a flaw, either I am totally missing a picking overview in the debugger, or it does not exist.

I would love to be able to see my pickings from an event.

For example, I would like to see a list containing picked items as a results from all the picks in events 20

Somewhere in the debugger:

PICKS EVENT #20 [objectname1.uid,objectname1.uid,objectname2.uid,objectname3.uid]

In some scenarios it could go a bit crazy, with a huge program with many sheets, but I would imagine some looped event creating the same boxes structure for sheets and picks as it does with the performance indicators in %.

As an addition, when seeing picked events go by, it would then be good to have a pause button in the debugger.

• I know this is an old forums, but I did a forum search to see if anybody else had figured this out. I didn't find anything else on the forums. I figured it out myself, so hopefully this helps.

I posted a capx. Let me know if you have any questions.

• I know this is an old forums, but I did a forum search to see if anybody else had figured this out. I didn't find anything else on the forums. I figured it out myself, so hopefully this helps.

I posted a capx. Let me know if you have any questions.

That is pretty clever

Thanks, that will definitely aid when it comes to huge picking events which require debugging

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good stuff. I was thinking I'd have to write some logging solution but now I'll definitely check this out. I'd never looked at the Browser plugin.

• Ohh yeahh, this seems to be pretty helpful! Great

• If anyone is interested, here's an updated .capx that uses functions and is cleaned up for better readability.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)