Picture Editor Request

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
An educational game for counting pictures. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Hi everyone, I have a suggestion for the Picture Editor to make it a bit more intuitive to use. After I uploaded my image to the editor, there wasn't any kind of button (like "Accept" or "Submit" or "Add Image to Objects List") to let me know what to do next.

Would it be possible to have a button that allows us to confirm that we want to add the image we just uploaded to the Picture Editor to the objects list instead of having to close the window to do so?

I now understand that closing the window adds the image to the objects list, but the first time I tried to upload something I sat there looking for a button in the Picture Editor GUI for about 10 seconds trying to figure out what the next step was. In every other program I use, choosing to close a window cancels what you were about to do (even if it gives you an option to save something), so it wasn't obvious that closing the window would add the image to the object list. Even the "Save" prompt's purpose was misleading at first. When it popped up I thought, "I just closed the editor, so I guess it's just asking me to save the file to my drive in case I made changes." FYI, I did read the entire Wiki section on the Picture Editor before attempting to upload anything and there wasn't anything in there about closing the editor to finish adding the image to the objects list. I also watched the video tutorial before using Construct and I guess I missed the step where he closes the editor to add the image.

I know this is a very minor suggestion for the Picture Editor, but as a new user it seemed like the GUI was missing a button for that final uploading step.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I agree Ceric. Of course clicking is easy but I would prefer to only have to click once on a Save button rather than to click twice on Close and then Save

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)