Pinball Physics Demo and Geek Discussion

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:05 pm

MAJOR UPDATE:

I didn't care for the original pinball cabinet I was using so I rendered out a new cabinet that is much sharper and also set to scale so more playing field room.

I also changed the background, added a spinning wheel, more graphics and sounds and tweaked the playing field to make it more challenging and fun.

I just need a few more lights and a theme for the first game and then I will make a leader board and send this off to the Game section instead of Demo section.

After that I will work on making this a sandbox game so you can change all the features and design your own pinball games to share with your friends.

Here is the new cabinet:

Here is the Demo link:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial- ... demo-13984

If you still see the old version you need to clear your browser Cache.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Very good. I really like it. The controls are perfect now. I'm excited to see some of the themed versions! Great job on this.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Burvey wrote:Very good. I really like it. The controls are perfect now. I'm excited to see some of the themed versions! Great job on this.

Thanks Burvey!

I am very pleased with the new cabinet and looks real sharp.

I plan to make this a sandbox game so people can design their own themes or use existing themes. Lots of assets out there and graphic artists would have a field day designing their own components.

For now I will get the game working with a few themes of my own and then start working on the sandbox features.

Glad the keys worked for you. I noticed the letter keys seem to have more issues with ball clipping through the flippers? I will have to hit up some people with more experience to see if that can be rectified.

I also set the game so it should look good in both Chrome and Firefox.

Did you use Firefox and does is it look OK?
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Yes, I tried it in both and the layout was good. I did find one bug. Push the up arrow on the plunger instead of down and you'll see what I mean.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:38 pm

Burvey wrote:Yes, I tried it in both and the layout was good. I did find one bug. Push the up arrow on the plunger instead of down and you'll see what I mean.

Oh my heck!

All my practice playing and I guess I never pushed the up arrow and seen that lol!

Oh well- I will get it fixed in the next update.

Thanks for notifying me.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 pm

When I played a second game, I got to ball 2 then it got stuck. The ball was in the home position, I could pull the plunger, but the ball wouldn't move.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:36 pm

blackhornet wrote:When I played a second game, I got to ball 2 then it got stuck. The ball was in the home position, I could pull the plunger, but the ball wouldn't move.

Thanks!

I will have to look through the events and see if I can recreate the problem.

That variable speed plunger requires some fancy footwork to avoid it being used when the ball is not in the chute.

How do you like the new graphics?
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:37 am

@lamar

excellent work sir...please continue.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:27 am

harrio wrote:@lamar

Thanks Harrio- I am finally getting to the fun stuff. Still a little tweaking needed on flipper control but I will get it yet.

Just collecting assets for a bowling and golf playfield today and working on those tomorrow. Lots of ideas running through my brain lol!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:27 am

lamar wrote:
harrio wrote:@lamar

Thanks Harrio- I am finally getting to the fun stuff. Still a little tweaking needed on flipper control but I will get it yet.

Just collecting assets for a bowling and golf playfield today and working on those tomorrow. Lots of ideas running through my brain lol!

just imagine the exponential amount of ideas that will run through the heads of those that get a hold of this tool.

even jobs admitted that the iphone became far more than they could have foreseen.

with maturity and community based input, this could become a genre unto itself.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?