Pinball Sandbox Demo- New SImpson's Layout Woo Hoo!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:10 pm

harrio wrote:@lamar

love the simpsons board.

i think i may be experiencing repeated ball pass throughs on the flippers because i am a chrome tab whore. does having a lot of tabs open negatively affect the physics performance?

cannot wait for the flat table editor.

i can see younger kids and older ones having a 'ball' with this.

Thanks Harrio- Yes having tabs open that refresh takes the computer off task and will cause more ball misses. It is not a problem in the stand alone version. I realized that because I also have many tabs open that are refreshing all the time.

That is why PS and Xbox were developed as dedicated game machines with quad processors so they don't get distracted with other computer tasks and miss a collision or event and they are only focused on the game.

I have the flat screen editor done and just designing components but as usual I got distracted and started another project. It is a platformer editor called Spelunker that lets the user design their own platform game with wall, floors, traps, switches and collectables and move from one area to the next.

The user will be able to save and share their platformer design and edit it any time. The characters can slide, climb jump, fight and interact with other characters and you will select the character you want to play as. There will be enemies and bosses and lots of tricks.

Anyway, I have that going on today but I will get the pinball editor up and running this weekend.

Have a great weekend!

ADDED: The first few pinball layouts I have designed are for younger players that just want to hit the ball around and make things light up and hit targets. As I progress I will design some games with a mission to accomplish and more serious play action requiring more aim and shoot.
Last edited by lamar on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:39 pm

OK just excited that I finally have a game that is attracting some attention and made it to the top games list on Scirra arcade.

Now before anybody rains on my parade you should know I have worked really hard to finally get a game that people like and will come back and play over and over and many of my games have been duds so take this as my way of encouragement and saying to keep trying and don't give up just because some of your games bomb. Rework them or learn from them and the feedback you get and put that to use in your next game.

I learn something from every game I make and new ways of doing things and new effects and I collect sprites and sound effects in my library and skills for my next project from every game. I have over 20 games published on Scirra but probably well over a 100 games that I never finished for one reason or another.

So here is my Pinball Sandbox with new Simpson's playfield and I am proud of this game so far and will continue to make it better and I hope people appreciate the hard work and time that goes in to our games.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/pinball-sandbox-demo-13984

Check it out and play the different playfields and let me know what you think please!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:05 am

lamar wrote:OK just excited that I finally have a game that is attracting some attention and made it to the top games list on Scirra arcade.

@lamar

well deserved sir.

i would love to see this running on my ipad pro or even airconsole.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:17 am

harrio wrote:
lamar wrote:OK just excited that I finally have a game that is attracting some attention and made it to the top games list on Scirra arcade.

@lamar

well deserved sir.

i would love to see this running on my ipad pro or even airconsole.

Thanks Harrio_ I am working on a mobile version but all I have to test it on is a tablet so once
I get it uploaded you guys will have to test it in your systems and tell me if it works correctly.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:14 am

@lamar

will do.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:37 am

I need several good Pinball layouts with graphics for my Magnetron game. Will also need same for Pinball Sandbox but those must be 3D and correct angle so I will get a layout set up for that.

Read more here:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=186929
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:34 am

@lamar

magnetron runs great on my ipad pro.

a problem i ran into was that after using the plunger to fly the ball, i then had to get ready on the flippers. because the buttons were so high up on the board i would sometimes miss them because i was watching the ball. that would lose focus on the window. then i would have to refocus the window and things would get awkward as far as tracking the ball.

if you made two invisible buttons that covered both sides of the board then the player would not have to worry about where they tapped. of course you would have to make sure it did not over lap the plunger button.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:09 am

magnetron runs great on my ipad pro.

a problem i ran into was that after using the plunger to fly the ball, i then had to get ready on the flippers. because the buttons were so high up on the board i would sometimes miss them because i was watching the ball. that would lose focus on the window. then i would have to refocus the window and things would get awkward as far as tracking the ball.

if you made two invisible buttons that covered both sides of the board then the player would not have to worry about where they tapped. of course you would have to make sure it did not over lap the plunger button.

Thanks for testing that Harrio!

Yes I noticed the same thing on my tablet so I will rework the button placement.

I will also make them disappear if not using a touch screen so not annoying.

I put out a request for some artists to design some layouts and graphics and hope that comes through but if not I will start making new layouts next week. Been focusing on Platform Game Builder and pretty burnt out.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:02 am

@lamar

does it have to be a non-commercial board design? you know, like not transformers, spawn or guns & roses.

i thought about submitting a design but i do not know if i could get it done in time.

the option of flat or perspective is great.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:47 am

does it have to be a non-commercial board design? you know, like not transformers, spawn or guns & roses.

i thought about submitting a design but i do not know if i could get it done in time.

the option of flat or perspective is great.

I would prefer generic themes because of copyright issues but if you come up with a fan game theme send me a sample and I will consider if I can include it as an example.
Banned User
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations