Pinball Sandbox Demo- New SImpson's Layout Woo Hoo!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:18 pm

Updated Pinball Sandbox with Simpson's Theme Fan Game:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/pinball-sandbox-demo-13984

I also tweaked the flipper and ball for better finite control and added some grit to the ball so you can aim it very accurately. You can really control the ball about as well as in real pinball now with a little practice.

The game scoring and missions are still in development but you can see where I am headed.

I am working on the editor and also a mobile version and flat screen editor version for people that want to design their own games.

I have a website set up now so I can start promoting the game and sandbox editor when it is finished:

http://pinball-sandbox.comli.com/

This is as real as virtual pinball gets!

I am designing a pinball sandbox program that will allow uses to design their own pinball games with real action physics and users can change materials, scenes and settings and even create their own obstacles and components.

The game is stable with only a few minor glitches and the leader board is working.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-games/pinball-sandbox-demo-14053

Report any bugs in the comments and tell me what you think of the sandbox design concept and any ideas you have for features to add please.
Last edited by lamar on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:38 pm

It's awesome man. I found 2 bugs. The first I've already PM'd you about. The second one I'll just post here as it's less complex. I was using the z and / keys to control the flippers. As you already know, sometimes when using those keys the ball will slip past the end of the flipper. Well, on my first ball, that happened. After it did, a new ball appeared in the chute but pulling back on the plunger no longer worked. It may be worth noting that upon releasing the down arrow, the sound effect still played, but nothing else happened. I was able to reproduce this once but only in full screen mode. It happened in Chrome, I didn't test in FireFox.

Edit: I used the space bar to bump the table and nothing happened. I bumped again until it tileted and the ball shot up the chute very fast, but it didn't leave the chute, it dropped back down. I tried the plunger again and it still didn't function. Now I am able to bump an unlimited number of times without tilting, the ball is still in the chute and the plunger still doesn't work. Also the game over text never appeared.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Burvey wrote:It's awesome man.

Thanks- the Z and / keys have a slight delay built in that arrow keys do not have and that causes the ball to sometimes go through the flippers. I will switch it to left shift and control and that should fix that problem.

Once in awhile the plunger gets stuck on a ball. I will have to trace down what is causing it. Only does it once in a great while.

Did you notice I fixed the plunger laser dot so it stays put now lol!

The bump feature is not noticeable unless the ball is in play and you only get two bumps a game. I also forgot to set it to work on the second ball so I will get that fixed.

The save feature does not work if you tilt. I might change that.

The game over text only appears after you use up all balls but I may need to check what is happening with the second ball. That may not trigger the save feature.

Ok I have my projects to work on for the day because of you Burvey :lol:
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:08 pm

Haha, it's really coming along nicely. I can't wait to be able to customize the tables!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Burvey wrote:Haha, it's really coming along nicely. I can't wait to be able to customize the tables!

OK I got most of those glitches fixed. Next update will have left shift and control for your keys and those don't have the delay and work better. Just have to figure out what locks the ball but time for a nap.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:35 pm

I finally figured out how to set up my editor so I can design new layouts easily and I created another layout for you to try.

I also added two leaderboards so each game has it's own leaderboard.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/pinball-physics-sandbox-demo-13984

I am designing new components and I will have a chute layout and sport layouts soon.

I will have at least 6 layouts in the free Demo version and more in the advanced version.

I have removed the editor while I work it over but that will be included in the Demo version with many components to design your own layouts.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Here is the new layout:

Here is the popular Ramp Layout:

Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Updated Pinball Sandbox with Simpson's Theme Fan Game:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/pinball-sandbox-demo-13984

I also tweaked the flipper and ball for better finite control and added some grit to the ball so you can aim it very accurately. You can really control the ball about as well as in real pinball now with a little practice.

The game scoring and missions are still in development but you can see where I am headed.

I am working on the editor and also a mobile version and flat screen editor version for people that want to design their own games.

I have a website set up now so I can start promoting the game and sandbox editor when it is finished:

http://pinball-sandbox.comli.com/

Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Great job man. It looks like you've solved most of the bugs. I really enjoy playing the Simpsons version, probably because it has so many bells and whistles. The ball control is very good now as well.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Burvey wrote:Great job man. It looks like you've solved most of the bugs. I really enjoy playing the Simpsons version, probably because it has so many bells and whistles. The ball control is very good now as well.

Thanks Burvey- yes I tweaked the controls and added just a tiny bit of friction to the ball so you can grab it with the flippers and aim it better. Seems to have helped.

I just threw the Simpson's game together to show how decals and more sounds and action make it a better game. I will include a mission to accomplish like light up all the family members for a million bonus and I have more animated gifs to add to the action and a better layout.

I also have a flat screen pinball editor almost done for mobile and it is much quicker to design layouts with that. I will try to get it uploaded by this evening so people can check it out.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:26 pm

@lamar

love the simpsons board.

i think i may be experiencing repeated ball pass throughs on the flippers because i am a chrome tab whore. does having a lot of tabs open negatively affect the physics performance?

cannot wait for the flat table editor.

i can see younger kids and older ones having a 'ball' with this.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations