Pinch To Zoom?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Whatsup Everyone,

Im pokin my head out here again,Im trying to figure out Pinch Zooming in Construct 2,I checked all the tutorials and all i came up with is Cinematic Zooming which is not really what im after.If someone could break it down on how to implement this it would help me and some other people who may need to know this aswell.Thanks everyone

• Doesn't exist in Construct 2.

You could create a zoom button. When touched, it would zoom in.

• Thank you Tekniko

I was wondering if it did or not.Im sure we will have a bunch of new features soon.How about a sliding bar is that possible? To scroll the zoom with one finger or will i just have to implement the zoom button?

• Yes.

Basically it would be something like this.

while SliderBar is in Touch

set SliderBar.X to Touch.X

Every Tick set Zoom to SliderBar.X

You may even want to do every 0.2 seconds or 0.5 instead of every Tick.

This will give it a more fluid effect and not be all twitchy.

Where "Zoom" would be the global variable that controls the amount you are zoomed in by. Does that make sense?

My brain is a little fried. Been sick all week.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tekniko That makes more than enough sense man. You couldnt of explained any better,Thank You for your advice i will play around with it.Good Karma to you sir

• Tekniko When you say set sliderbar.x to touch.x im lost,I know the sliderbar is my object but when do i set the x for touch.I trid a few different things but failed thats why i ask.And if anyone else has 2cents to throw in feel free.

• Beta r133 ships with three examples showing how to pan, pinch to zoom, and rotate using touch input.

• Ashley Thank you can you tell me where i can find the new examples because the links are not popping up for me.I swear i been looking quite a bit.

• Ashley Thank you can you tell me where i can find the new examples because the links are not popping up for me.I swear i been looking quite a bit.

Just open construct 2 and start a new project, list of templates and examples should pop up.

• Ahhhh. Thank you vee41 Out of all places that is the last place i thought to check.Maybe we should have them more out in the open.I was getting the feedback as if this wasnt even possible.Thank you Ashley and Karma to both of you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)