Pinkman's Lab

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to present you my first prototype of the puzzle game. Pinkman's Lab is a compilation of ideas from old school disney cartoons and modern tv series. Nevertheless, in the prototype of my game I am trying to create an exciting gameplay and design nice features.

Play here

Credits

Mikhail Pigichka
Alexandr Kirillov

Links

Our web site
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Making of

I think it could be interesting to know how we came up to all this stuff. As I said before this is my first prototype of this kind of games. I am graphic designer and I knew about gamedev not so much. But I got a task to create a concept of the game for tablets and I made some research how can I do it without programming. Here we go :)

I guess one of the reason why I choosed this topic for the game because I graduated medical school, my sister and my wife are biologists :) I wanted to make interesting science fiction game with nice gameplay, graphic and music.

Firstly, I played a lot different games on iPod, iPad and Samsung, watched walkthrough the games on Youtube and so on.

Secondly, I made some sketches of characters and drew primitive level design on the paper.

Thirdly, I tried to create simple prototype directly in Construct 2 just to be sure that it works at all. I checked many tutorials and read manual on the Scirra web site. Thank you guys for all this stuff! ;)

Forth, I created graphics, animations, user interface elements and so on. After that many rows of actions were added to event sheets.

Fifth, testing and preparing for uploading on Scirra Arcade.

Of couse between all these steps I had a lot of troubles and sleepless nights but finally something came out :)

What am I going to do next time? Add nice music and sounds, create new levels, fix bugs and have much fun!

PS Sorry for my English.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 pm

beautiful graphics and nice gameplay.

the only thing i would suggest, is to make the 'cup' transparent, and place it on a position or layer on top of the cheese. so you can see the cheese go inside of the cup, instead of on top of it. it is a small detail but an important one, for the 'payoff' of winning each level.

otherwise, great work so far.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 am

Thank you for your comment! I tried different ways to solve this problem with a flask. Finally, it will be animated on collision with cheese. Also you will get pop up dialog window after each completed level!

Just had no time to implement it in first version. :)
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:30 am

Very nice and coherent art style! Good luck with the game.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 am

[QUOTE=robotecollective] Very nice and coherent art style! Good luck with the game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Updated version coming soon! ;)
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:14 am

Dear developers and players, happy Valentine's Day! :)

B
S

Post » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 am

Beautiful artwork - congrats!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 am

[QUOTE=thehen] Beautiful artwork - congrats![/QUOTE]

Thanks! :)
B
S