Pinning physics objects

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Dropbox link

More collision woes, lol

I'm not sure yet if this is a bug or... but it seems that with 2 physics enabled objects pinned together some wonky s**t happens.

For one pinning just flat out doesn't work. And second, collisions aren't being handled properly between anything at all. The blue box goes nearly all the way through the purple one.

Things to try:

Make the blue box immovable.

Remove physics from the blue box. This makes things perform normally, but what if you wanted collisions between the 2 big boxes?

Disable collisions between the green box and the orange one... what the heck? Now nothing collides.

I have no idea why any of this is happening. Anyone have a clue?

• Is something happening to the blue box's collision polygon once it's pinned to another sprite or something?

It seems like the green box's collision polygon is almost overwriting the blue one in some cases.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay, I seemed to have fixed this issue by getting rid of pinning altogether and instead creating a limited revolute joint to connect the objects together.

I read the physics tutorial (I swear!) but it didn't mention the limited joint...and for whatever reason I just never noticed it in the event editor.

Still not sure why pinning doesn't work though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)