Pixels of the Universe [WIP]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri May 27, 2016 8:24 pm

For unknown Time, this Project is frozen. In an Ice cube. It makes Drinks a bit cooler. That's refreshing when Summer is approaching.
Last edited by Divivor on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
When you just begin learning this Stuff, don't make big things. Start Small.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Screenshots look cool :D Reminds me a bit of "Inner Space" from back in the mid 90's.

Welcome to the boards, btw :)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 28, 2016 6:19 am

SoldjahBoy wrote:Screenshots look cool :D Reminds me a bit of "Inner Space" from back in the mid 90's.

Welcome to the boards, btw :)

~Sol

Good to hear that :D
I also tried searching for "Inner Space" and i don't know If i found the right thing, because I only happen to find a Movie ^^'

And it's good to be welcomed ;D Thanks.
I really don't know why I haven't made a Scirra Account the whole Time :shock:
Maybe because most of my Questions about making different stuff for Games already was explained in some part of this Forum or on the Tutorials page ;D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:11 pm

2 Weeks of work and I have a new Screenshot to show. Not much difference to see at first, except some Particle adjustment and Damage Indicators.

I was also heavily working on Asteroid Spawning Systems (for Performance and a more dynamic world), some Space Stations, Ship Upgrades and Crafting System, but I personally don't like the UI at the moment so i won't take any screens of this :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:17 am

I like where this is going graphically at least. I can't wait to test it out sometime.

By the way, the game Inner Space: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation:_Inner_Space

It was back in the 90s... impossible to buy it but look hard enough you may find abandonware version floating around... though with the number of icon files on pcs these days I think the game would be also impossible to complete since it made worlds based from the number of folders on your system that contained .ico files (you had to capture the icons).

*EDIT*
It seems you can still buy it from the developer website... they have in fact recently updated the site (it used to be defunct) and they have a trial version now which is perfect if you wanted to check it out. I still rate that game as one of the best space style games I've ever played... I spent a year or so playing it on my windows 95 computer - yes it took that long to finish it even back then!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:27 pm

gorgeous looking game will it be pc only? since haveing that many sprites on screen might cause slowdown on tablets
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:23 am

@SoldjahBoy :
That's interesting, I'll check it out sometimes.

@PrinceofMars :
Yes, THIS Version of the game is planned for PC only at first. The Problems aren't the many Sprites you see, the problem would be the WebGL Effects. If turned off, it could work perfectly on Mobile Devices...but that wouldn't be the Graphic Style I had in mind.
If this Game is finished, I consider making an "Lite Edition" or "Pocket Edition" that is suitable for Mobile Devices.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Pixels of the Universe - PreAlpha Gameplay Trailer #1
And here is the first Gameplay Trailer :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:54 pm

It seems like I will be finished with the Basic Mechanics of the Game pretty soon. :D
I implemented the past days new Weapons which can be bought and upgraded, like a Laser and Rapid Fire. (With the standard weapon implented at the moment it feels like a Clicker.)

B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:38 pm

Planets need orbiting bodies... like moons and stuff :D

~Sol
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests