Pixels of the Universe [WIP]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:48 pm

@SoldjahBoy
In my very first attempt of this Project (Summer 2014) I had actually orbits for the Planets around the sun, and moons for planets like earth ^^
First I try to make the Main Parts of the Game ready, then I'll try to experiment with Orbits again. If I get it to work without as much FPS drops as back then, I will include it :D
When you just begin learning this Stuff, don't make big things. Start Small.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:52 pm

SOME STUFF I MADE WITH ORBITS

Should be easy!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:03 pm

@SoldjahBoy
That's an pretty interesting Thing you made there, are all those "Moons" around each star seperate Objects?

And what I meant by FPS drops, I already have sometimes (with more than 30 Enemys....Yeah, I have to adjust the logic of those at some day...) some FPS Drops, and that just with under 300 Total Objects. And I can't know until then how Orbits will work with the whole Game.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:07 am

Yeah that was made in CC as well, so probably a little faster than C2 is for stuff like that - but yes I get fps drop myself when I have 30-40 of my "actors" on the screen - especially if weather effects start doing weather stuff.

I'm gonna need to go over my events as see where I can also tighten up the logic and make it more efficient. I feel your pain!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:11 pm

I just adjusted some things with the "Every X Second" Conditions......I saved around 7% CPU with no Enemys (Environmental things), and around 16% CPU with 90 Enemys(EnemyState Things). And I looked at the logic of the EnemyShips.....well.....It doesn't look good to reduce some lag with those at the moment. The only adjustment could be made with preventing more Mob Spawnings after like 30 Enemys.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:25 am

You can also help with performance if you make sure things like particles are only being generated if the object is on-screen at the time (or within X,Y bounds of the viewport if you want to make you you don't get any "surprise" pop-up of effects).

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:20 am

At the moment the Enemys have multiple different modes. If they have different distances to the Player Ship, they have another Mode active. This also controls the Particles, so that they are not spraying while at a specific distance or if the ships are not accelerating. I have also reduced the count of Particles...

So yeah, no fix there at the moment.

Most of the time the game works now at ~60 FPS......which leads me to the question:

Does node webkit use a specific Percentage of the CPU in the system? Because I see in the task manager Percentages like(with all node instances) 4% total. But ingame this is more like 20-30% of the CPU usage. Even if the game has up to 90-120% of CPU Usage, the task manager only says something like 7%.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:41 am

Really cool graphics. :-) Like that art style.
https://www.helmade.com
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:33 pm

@Beaverlicious
Good to hear :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:25 pm

So well yeah, the past days I've added Planet Orbits and also updatet my Asteroid Spawning System.......well, it works for the time being pretty good, but I will have to remake it someday. The Picture here shows you an out zoomed view of the First Galaxy in the Game, and you can clearly see the Asteroid Belt....the Picture was taken with around ~4.000 Objects on the Layout. 3800 of those moving and rotating with very little steps. In the Game itself there will only be around 100 to 400 Total Objects loaded. So 60 FPS still save :D
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests