Plague - Zombie Survival

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:53 am

Very cool. Coming along nicely.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
65
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 12,728

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:10 pm

A couple of things which I was working on:

• Two time performance boost
• Optimized the graphics
• Added footmarks if the players walks over blood
• The roofs now only hides when the players is in a house
• Improved Day/Night change
• Added some furniture stuff
• Rearanged the UI
• Changed text font

Image

Image

Image
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 224
Reputation: 2,843

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Been playing a lot of dayz sa, something to consider is hiding the ui (health/hydration/food) or toggle [i] and have little messagesappear bottom screen as certain levels of percent are reached.
Reason is, I presume this is for mobile or tablet, and it will allow more space so player can see loot etc

footprints caused by walking through blood - cool ;)
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
65
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 12,728

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:17 pm

DUTOIT wrote:Been playing a lot of dayz sa, something to consider is hiding the ui (health/hydration/food) or toggle [i] and have little messagesappear bottom screen as certain levels of percent are reached.
Reason is, I presume this is for mobile or tablet, and it will allow more space so player can see loot etc

footprints caused by walking through blood - cool ;)


Thanks. Hiding UI is already implented by pressing H :)

The game will not be for mobile one I think. It is just a hard time with the performance. Nearly impossible to reach my goal with a good map size, all those features in a mobile game.
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 224
Reputation: 2,843

Post » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello! Some new things.

• Doors can now be broken differently in term of the time when a door will be broken.
You need about 35 hits with your hands and much less using tools in your hand (Knife, flashlight etc.)

• Started to make my own item graphics. These are the first ones!
Image


• Secondly I've changed the graphic style to match the apocalypse feeling (less contrast level etc)
Image


• At last I started to work on a simple crafting system. There are only 2 things to craft right now and it works except some small issues I'm working on.
Image


Regards,
Kraudi
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 224
Reputation: 2,843

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:27 am

Okay, I SO WANNA PLAY THIS RIGHT NOW!

EDIT: i know it's a top-down game, but can we customize our hair and hair colour or shirt colour?
Last edited by Wisdoms on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
22
S
6
Posts: 244
Reputation: 2,710

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:42 am

I'm looking into the possibilites of moving from a pre made map to a procedural generated one.

It's a very tough challenge to do with C2. Don't know if I can work things out.
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 224
Reputation: 2,843

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Kraudi wrote:I'm looking into the possibilites of moving from a pre made map to a procedural generated one.

It's a very tough challenge to do with C2. Don't know if I can work things out.


That would be a better.

What I did is design the entire map in its entirety and break it up into sections using instance variables to demarcate areas etc.
Then save all objects positions/sections/etc to an array (download it) then in game load that json into array. Then when user moves to new town etc it loads all that data and builds the town/street whatever. I didn't get further than that as client abandoned project. But if memory serves me correctly it worked pretty well.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
65
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 12,728

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:57 pm

DUTOIT wrote:
Kraudi wrote:I'm looking into the possibilites of moving from a pre made map to a procedural generated one.

It's a very tough challenge to do with C2. Don't know if I can work things out.


That would be a better.

What I did is design the entire map in its entirety and break it up into sections using instance variables to demarcate areas etc.
Then save all objects positions/sections/etc to an array (download it) then in game load that json into array. Then when user moves to new town etc it loads all that data and builds the town/street whatever. I didn't get further than that as client abandoned project. But if memory serves me correctly it worked pretty well.


Yep. That's may a method. The problem should be the road parts which should be logical connected. Haven't looked into this at this point.
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 224
Reputation: 2,843

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 am

i need to play this!
B
27
S
7
G
3
Posts: 300
Reputation: 4,573

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests