Plague - Zombie Survival

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:51 am

Hello!

Little update over weekend!


UI update
Image
Image
Image


Added pause menu
Image

Save/Load is also added!


Added map
Image
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 221
Reputation: 2,837

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:32 pm

There should a maximum size for the flashlight light, because you can scale it to 0 or something like that and i don't think that's realistic.
also in the dropbox version the options button doesn't work :D
B
21
S
6
Posts: 244
Reputation: 2,665

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Wisdoms wrote:There should a maximum size for the flashlight light, because you can scale it to 0 or something like that and i don't think that's realistic.
also in the dropbox version the options button doesn't work :D


Thanks :)

Flashlight thing will be added:)


Edit: I have uploaded the indev v2 version to dropbox!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13181336/Plague_PRE_v2/index.html

Controls:
W, S - Move
Move mouse - Rotate
Left click - Attack
C - Crafting
B - Inventory
M - Map
ESC - Menu
T - Toggle Flashlight

Regards,
Kraudi
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 221
Reputation: 2,837

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:48 pm

@Kradui Cool!, thanks for updating the link
Could you add some music or ambient sounds

you can go to freesound.org and find some, that site is amazing!

Also how do i go to fullscreen? because the size of the game in my browser is kinda really small (i'm using google chrome)

EDIT: you should rename "Water" to "Water Bottle" :)
B
21
S
6
Posts: 244
Reputation: 2,665

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:53 am

Wisdoms wrote:@Kradui Cool!, thanks for updating the link
Could you add some music or ambient sounds

you can go to freesound.org and find some, that site is amazing!

Also how do i go to fullscreen? because the size of the game in my browser is kinda really small (i'm using google chrome)

EDIT: you should rename "Water" to "Water Bottle" :)


Thank you :)

Fullscreen isn't implented yet. Next version I will add a shortcut to it.
Sound will be added in the next steps. It's on my list:)

The water thing is noticed, thanks for that:D

By the way. How is your performance?
And do you have any ideas how the map system can me implented? It's just WIP right now.
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 221
Reputation: 2,837

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:10 am

@Kraudi My performance is fine, although i don't have a super good pc :D

And no i don't know about the map system, i'm just a beginner :)
B
21
S
6
Posts: 244
Reputation: 2,665

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:15 am

Wisdoms wrote:@Kraudi My performance is fine, although i don't have a super good pc :D

And no i don't know about the map system, i'm just a beginner :)



Glad to hear that performance is okay. There's still some things I can optimize at a later point.
Next on the list will be adding some items including an axe which you can use to chop down trees. Chop down trees will also increase that radius where zombies can see/hear you.

After that I plan on finishing up the map and continue work on AI along with the fighting system (Maybe a knockback system). Don't know how long this gonna take.
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 221
Reputation: 2,837

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:42 pm

@Kraudi Awesome!, I'm really looking forward to this game, because i have a thing for survival games :D
B
21
S
6
Posts: 244
Reputation: 2,665

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Wisdoms wrote:@Kraudi Awesome!, I'm really looking forward to this game, because i have a thing for survival games :D


The same for myself :D Love these games. Any things u would like to see?
Working on "EVERBLAST"
Image
B
31
S
6
Posts: 221
Reputation: 2,837

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 pm

@Kraudi Well i'd like to see some guns, like a pistol or something, and maybe a Stamina bar?
Well, i think that's it for now, i ran out of good ideas, i'm sure you'll come up with some great ideas for the game :D
B
21
S
6
Posts: 244
Reputation: 2,665

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LaurenceBedford and 2 guests