plat move

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:46 pm

Drop down menu just 2 pixels on the left of the home menu.
Minimize ribbon.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:15 am

ty for taking time to help
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:42 am

If you mix an object that has platform movement with another object without platform movement in the same family, the system-level actions regarding platform movement will not be accessible from that family. Because events for families affect all objects within, only the controls shared by all objects are usable.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:16 am

ty
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:47 pm

ty for helping out
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 pm

OK,

You can not use Behaviors properties in expressions trough a Family. Lets accept that at this moment as a fact. Ashley added Behavior tabs to the Family's in the condition and action wizards.
Maybe he overlooked the expressions. Or he has no plans to.

But,

Besides the fact that you can not do it the way u try, i wonder about the "why".

Why would you want to move 3 objects as they are "player objects" ? You bring yourself in deep problems in that .cap. Because, well, how to explain ?

1/
You want conditions that are made to be a flow condition to act as a pick condition.
Flow conditions are true or false. When true they execute there sub events and actions. When false they dont.
Pick conditions pick a group of objects (can be a family), filter according the condition, and pass the filtered object(s) to the sub events and actions.

What u have there,
System: Sprite[Platform].VectorY Equal to 0
is comparing 2 values, when the comparison is true, the action will run.

Thats what it is designed for.

So the action
> Blue Set gravity to 0

Will set all Blue's gravity's to zero. ALL Blues ! When the comparison is true.

You can see that if you delete the other 2 "Blue Set gravity to 0" actions.

So even if you could access the behaviors properties trough a Family, your events dont do what you seem to expect.

Of course, if the action directly addressed the object "sprite" then it would work, because there is no need for a pick event then.

But since you insist to work with a group of objects, represented by there Family, you need a pick event. The correct pick event here would be :

Blue: compare a behavior propertie. Close to the conditions we have already as there are:
Blue: compare x position ... Blue: compare private variable ... etc

Now well, we dont have that condition (yet).

So its the same problem. Yes is exactly the same problem. Moment we have the condition, expressions will be available too.

You understand ?

2/
You have 3 instances of the same object Detector. You have 3 totally different objects.
They way you snap there X's to each other works more by incident then by design, or good coding.
Just duplicate one of the faces, as clone or as instance, dont matter. If you do as clone, dont forget to bring it in the family blue.
And before you run it, try to predict what will happen.

You see ?

3/ why promote 3 objects to "player objects" ?

4/ i would make you a .cap with a nice work around. But, in my learn curve, i did not reach the Platform yet. Because in my eyes, what use is it to not understand the events completely and dig my ass in the behaviors. So i dont understand the platform behaviour yet. I am sorry.

But i am sure, if you understand what i just told you, you will see the light and come up with a solid solution.

Although, just theoretical, i dont see practical use in 3 player objects.

j0h
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:19 am

ty for helping out
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:48 am

Stupid is ok. If it was not, i woulda coulda shoulda retire.

As i pointed to already. I am not interested in the Platform behavior yet. I barely know how to sync up the Ball behaviour with the events. So did not read whole this post very trough.

I only downloaded the last .cap. And saw that it is, well to call the cow a cow, its BS.
I hope that, besides all comments you would like to make about me and my style, i hope you
understand how and why it is a crap .cap.

And i felt like reacting strong, before some beginner takes it as example, and runs into problems that lead to giving up construct.

The multiplayer side ? i think Ashley is assimilating this for some time already. It will be a total new, and consistent system. I doubt that anything implemented in construct at this point will be part of that system. Better hold your horses on that play field ? For now ?

My guts say, we will be surprised about the next release.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic