Platform Behavior Bug

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

____ When X is pressed the color of the background changes, disabling "platform" from all the same colored sprites. When you do it on top of one of these platforms, it still works as one, until you get off of where it was, it works as expected from then. ____

Attach a Capx

____ dropbox.com/s/2awcu0ibl8wiloj/Palette%27s%20Choice%200.0.2.capx ____

Description of Capx

____ Platformer game, the main focus is colors and how the player manipulates them to go through the level. Objects that have the same color as the background "disappear", and stop affecting the player until they can be seen again ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Step on a visible platform (either red or green).
    • Step 2: Press X.

Observed Result

____ You dont fall through after the platform "disappears". ____

Expected Result

____ After you change the color's background, the objects should lose their "platform" properties. If you are standing on it, as you change color, you should fall down. ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 10, 1607 x64 bits____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ 293 ____

• Can confirm there is an issue when disabling the solid behavior while being on it (the issue being that you stay on it)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjkoCSebIn9Ji1Aq6dwwy51jvSAG

I have done a 1 event capx showing it if it can help focusing on the bug

Step1: move with the arrow keys, you can jump if you want with the up arrow but stay between the walls

Step2: stay on the ground, press space, all platform will turn transparent, and will lose their solid behavior, you can pass through the walls but you'll still be on the floor

Step3: jump to see you are falling through

C2 version 293, windows 10 x64, occurs on opera as well

• Can confirm there is an issue when disabling the solid behavior while being on it (the issue being that you stay on it)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjkoCSebIn9Ji1Aq6dwwy51jvSAG

I have done a 1 event capx showing it if it can help focusing on the bug

Step1: move with the arrow keys, you can jump if you want with the up arrow but stay between the walls

Step2: stay on the ground, press space, all platform will turn transparent, and will lose their solid behavior, you can pass through the walls but you'll still be on the floor

Step3: jump to see you are falling through

C2 version 293, windows 10 x64, occurs on opera as well

i know its not a normal fix and should not work like this, as i patched it, however its working on my side.

patched bug the bug is due to the fact, and i might be mistaken, but C2 i think it checks for overlapping points at offset by 1 pixel, so u suddenly disabling it, it wont change the fact in C2 "eyes" u still on the platform since detection is still present. so in order to patch it, i pushed the player 1 pixel up, and gravity platform takes the obvious action.

• Managed to solve it by disabling collisions at the same time as the platform disappears!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Aphrodite for the minimal repro. Should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)