Platform bounce off solids on jump

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:06 pm

Is there a way to disable the bounce on platform behavior when you "hit the roof" and instead stay in the air for a short time before falling?
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:32 pm

You could probably do something like set the Platform gravity to 0 for a short time (like 0.5 seconds or something) and then quickly set it back to what it was before?

Coming soon on Steam!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Why not to use your own event-based platformer mechanics? More control and no workarounds.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:59 pm

mikehive wrote:You could probably do something like set the Platform gravity to 0 for a short time (like 0.5 seconds or something) and then quickly set it back to what it was before?

Not really the best option for me, or at least from what I've tried. The duration of floating should depend on the jump, so it wont float for the same time if it hits a block thats a few pixels away from it and the one thats 100 pixels away.
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:02 am

Niespor wrote:Why not to use your own event-based platformer mechanics? More control and no workarounds.

Thats one choice, but man how painfull it would be to remake the whole character.
I think I'd rather use some detector on it's head that could react on hit, which still wouldnt solve the problem completely.
B
S

Return to How do I....?