Platform bounces gently down on character landing

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi all,

I would like platforms to bounce down gently before going back to original position when the player character lands on it. How would you do that?

I have got the condition to detect when the players land but can't figure out what action to trigger.

Thanks for your help!
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Well I used the MoveTo behaviour for now (3rd party plugin) to get a smooth movement.
Let me know if you have a better suggestion.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:44 pm

You could use the Sine behavior on the platform. Start with it disabled. Then, you would have to check the platform on landed event and get the platform the player landed on. When this event triggers, enable the Sine behavior and after 1 period, disable it again. I have attached a simple example that should show you how you could do it.

I hope this gets you what you need. Good luck with your project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanks a lot for the capx, greatly appreciated! I thought about using the sine behaviour but had no idea how stop the cycle.

B
S

Return to How do I....?