platform movement: actor still standing by physic

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello everyone,

Iam working with the physic behavior and dont know how to move my actor which is in contact with a movable platform.

Example:
1. Actor is falling from the sky on a platform.
2. The platform is moving on x-axis.
3. The actor dont change the positon.

Other example:

If you are the actor and standing on a moving staircase youll change your position. This actor not...

Its important for the game-design to use the physic behavior and not the platform behavior.

B

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Why is it, that my impression is, that all the newbe's ask question about their code, without posting a CAPX?!?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Hello weishaupt,

you are right. Ill looking for dropbox or something like that. But the problem is easy to describe.
Everytime I using the platform and static behavior my actor will be carried by the platform.
Everytime I using the physic behaviors for actor and platform sprite the actor will standing on the platform but not carried by the platform.

I hope this would be better to understand!?
B

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Still it may be easy to discribe, but I bet that there are about 217 ways to create that problem....
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:58 pm

@weishaupt Its right!

But for only one changes setting its not really important to send a hyper-link to my capx. Ive only changed the standard settings in physic behaviors by the platform-sprite from "immovable no" to "immovable yes". The other setting are the settings by open the physic behavior.

My question is generally: Is it possible to create a platform-sprite (long rectangle)is moving on x-axis and capable to transport an other sprite (rectangle and named "actor") from A to B? Is the answer "yes"! Please tell me how to do it?

Thank you!
B

Post » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:33 pm

For anybody have the same problem, Ive fixed it by using two sprites for my actor. One of them is with a platform behavior and the other one is with physic behavior. To use the especially properties of the behaviors Ive worked with the spawn and destroy options in the condition editor.

For example:
Is the actor collide with a movable platform Ive destroyed the physic behavior and spawn the platform behavior (in the other sprite). My actor was now carried by the movable platform.

Hope that helps!
B

Return to How do I....?