Platform movement not consistent

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble with platform movement. Whenever I move the player seems to slow down and speeding up it seems to be random. I'm wondering if player could go a constant speed or not as obviously change speed?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/541650/Construc ... Change.cap

• Whoa, that's really weird. It's definitely a bug. I never noticed it before because at higher speeds the variation in speed is a lot less. But I just tested it and yeah, it does actually fluctuate a lot.

Do you want to post the bug report, or should I?

• Might as well go with custom movement behavior.

• Might as well go with custom movement behavior.

How is that helpful?

• Well number one he's not using standard platform movements, IE actions that require jumping, gravity, etc, as well as re mapped keys. Number two consistent speed.

• Thanks for the help.

Whoa, that's really weird. It's definitely a bug. I never noticed it before because at higher speeds the variation in speed is a lot less. But I just tested it and yeah, it does actually fluctuate a lot.

Do you want to post the bug report, or should I?

I don't have a sourceForge account so could you please?

• Well number one he's not using standard platform movements, IE actions that require jumping, gravity, etc, as well as re mapped keys.

... Yes he is? The problem is with the player. It has platform movement. It's broke. You move the player and the speed varies by as much as fifty pixels a second... I would say that's a problem. And I retested it in a fresh .cap and the problem is still there. So I don't really see what you are talking about?

What you're saying is "oh well, it's broke, might as well go the hard route and make your own platform movement with another method." It should just work. So...what then? Casho spends a bunch of time and energy making his own platform movement and then when the next build comes out and it's fixed, he will have done all that for nothing. I don't see how that's helpful. Just saying.

I don't have a sourceForge account so could you please?

Okay, I'll take care of it. And you should be able to continue working on this until the bug is fixed. I don't see how it would affect anything apart from being a little annoying.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No Im not say change it because its broke. Matter of fact Im not even sure you can call that broke.

I am saying that the Custom Movement Behavior might be better because he doesn't seem to need, jumping, falling, or even gravity, let alone the keys that are mapped out for those functions.

• I am saying that the Custom Movement Behavior might be better because he doesn't seem to need, jumping, falling, or even gravity, let alone the keys that are mapped out for those functions.

But it's his player character that he's posting about. His player character that has platform movement. That uses jumping, falling, and gravity.

I'm pretty sure you just might be missing what's his intentions are. He's making a platformer. He remapped the controls to A and D for movement, and Space for jump. That doesn't mean he's not using the Platform behavior.

• Well then if thats the case then yeah he would want platform.

• confirmed.

Also, giving platform behavior to a box crashes the runtime O_o didn't happen before. (this in 972)

• Also, giving platform behavior to a box crashes the runtime O_o didn't happen before. (this in 972)

Hmm... it doesn't seem to be a problem in 0.99.82. Or .83 I guess.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)