Platform objects, collide only, solids same layer

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun May 13, 2012 6:57 pm

I've tried to do the same - I would also really like an option in the properties to make the platform object only interact with objects on its layer.

The only workarounds I've found or thought of are to either:

1: use custom movement instead, requires a lot of events

2: (haven't tried this, might not work) do something wacky using a combination of platform without solids and use custom movement for the collisions and events for the jumping (this will muck around with the 'is jumping' and such, though and probably is complex enough that you might as well use the custom movement entirely)

3: actually have all the different layers displaced so none overlap, then have 'fakes' projected at the proper location.

This is a feature I've wanted since the early days of CC. @Ashley, any chance this could be put on that huge todo list of yours? ^^
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 pm

oh you still want enemies on other layers to work. Then maybe stick with my other suggestion about the solids like I said. Then disable the controls on your enemies and just let em use a sine behavior or similar while theyre on different layers. That way they could still simply move back and forth or whatever regardless of actual solid collision
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 pm

@Arima Yes exactly, I think an option for objects to interact with only those objects in the same layer would simplify things greatly, and also allow us to make more interesting games with the physics. Implementing it shouldn't be too difficult from what I know. I hope @Ashley will have time to add this in to his busy schedule :)

Your suggestions 1 and 2 I have thought of, but it feels like too much trouble to go to when the physics engine is just there, and is almost everything you need - especially for making everything more realistic! Suggestion 3 is actually a great idea which I hadn't really thought of. It's a little extra trouble and not quite as neat as I would like it but it could work. The game I'm making is for the mobile though so I would like to not have to use so many extra resources. Let's see if Ashley can find some time to add in the functionality we require :)

@aridale Thanks for the suggestion but it'll require a bit too much custom movement than I would like - I also have the problem that the platforms are hills (so slightly rounded!)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 am

I have the same problem, and now i see others have it i think i can give a shot to making a mod of the basic platform behaviour... shouldn't be that hard... right?

Also... i have a doubt the condition "[sprite]is overlapping" works when the object's collision is disabled?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:22 am

BEHAVIOUR : http://www.mediafire.com/?8k3ts2swjh8q2ik
Finally, here it is, but i don't know exactly how to post it on the plugin database if there's any?

Long story short, its a mod over the standard Platform Behaviour with the ability to enable and disable wheter to ignore solids in other layers.

BEHAVIOUR : http://www.mediafire.com/?8k3ts2swjh8q2ik

I did two basic examples based on already existing examples, check this out please

EXAMPLES : http://www.mediafire.com/?qaw1kzqczj990l2
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi, @Paco
reupload plugin please. Link not working. tomek2013-08-05 20:10:11
B

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:45 pm

@Tomek To be sure he gets a notice he has a message, Include @Paco in your post. Otherwise he has to check to see if there is a reply. (unless he originated the thread.)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi, @Paco
reupload plugin please. Link not working.
B

Post » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:19 pm

@tomek:
Updated...
This is the behaviour and this are the examples.

Any question you have don't hesitate to ask me... you should have in mind this is not implemented on bullets or other movments that uses collision...
If you wish this was part of the construct engine, you can resurrect this thread and do a little lobby :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello @Paco

I would love to use this plugin but it doesn't work.

I have an error in C2 : "Unable to load plugin in 'E:\Softs\Construct2... : Found 'GetPluginSettings' global, but it is not a function. This plugin will not be available in the editor.

Muchas gracias !
B

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?