Platform RTS pathfinding

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Hello, I'm currently working on an RTS that takes place in a platformer dimension, and being the man I am, I'm stuck on pathfinding. I'd prefer not to use zones, and gap avoidance is necessary. I will use zones if need be.

Oh, and I have no capx file, seeing as the last attempt crashed my computer.
B

Post » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Ah, perhaps I could explain better. I want X unit to go to x coordinate by clicking on x coordinate. X unit will have to move like a unit, and not some hovery blob of physics defying force.
B

Post » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Also, is there anyway to only apply an event to items that have the same global condition and value?
B

Post » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Platform pathfinding is pretty tricky, especially using something like RTS behavior/A* pathfinding I'd think. Might be easier to do it by hardcoded waypoints along the map giving the AI a little "choice".

And not sure there, do you mean to apply an event only to objects that have the same private variable as a global variable?
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Object a, b, and c all have the private variable "Selected?", I need an event string that will only call those with the variable set to true or "1" to action. So if A and B are selected, but not C, A and B would follow set actions, but not C
B

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic