Platform RTS pathfinding

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Hello, I'm currently working on an RTS that takes place in a platformer dimension, and being the man I am, I'm stuck on pathfinding. I'd prefer not to use zones, and gap avoidance is necessary. I will use zones if need be.

Oh, and I have no capx file, seeing as the last attempt crashed my computer.

• Ah, perhaps I could explain better. I want X unit to go to x coordinate by clicking on x coordinate. X unit will have to move like a unit, and not some hovery blob of physics defying force.

• Also, is there anyway to only apply an event to items that have the same global condition and value?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Platform pathfinding is pretty tricky, especially using something like RTS behavior/A* pathfinding I'd think. Might be easier to do it by hardcoded waypoints along the map giving the AI a little "choice".

And not sure there, do you mean to apply an event only to objects that have the same private variable as a global variable?

• Object a, b, and c all have the private variable "Selected?", I need an event string that will only call those with the variable set to true or "1" to action. So if A and B are selected, but not C, A and B would follow set actions, but not C

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)