Platform shooter demo

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:10 am

[quote="PixelRebirth":1rgrcubs]This is a very nice looking demo!

I believe the gameplay would profit from mouse controlled free aiming (but I realize this may not be wanted for the sake of "oldschoolness")and the ability to shoot while you're running.

Once you add a couple of different enemies and variation in environment graphics, this could become a real crowd pleaser.

So keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to future versions! :)[/quote:1rgrcubs]

all of this.

Overall it felt way too repetitive, every level was essentially the same. Either make it a lot more varied or a lot shorter.
I think the 'button' thing that your meant to destroy should have a different appearance from the red beam door thing, they look the same but they behave differently.
I think the combat felt a bit stale, being able to move and shoot would be awesome + that mouse thing that was mentioned.
When I got to the boss it felt like I was doing no damage at all to him, I didn't even know if it was possible to kill him.

Its generally solid game in most other areas, I thought the graphics were great! just more variety would be incredible.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:01 pm

The graphical style is very nice, but the gameplay is extremely repetitive, boring and to put it simply, not fun. Pretty much the only way to beat enemies without being hurt is to move in front of them, press shield, wait until they stop shooting and then shoot them back. Even this feels like too much effort since there's no real penalty to dying, I mostly just shot them until they died without caring about my own health since you're bound to respawn near anyway.

What it'd need at least is shooting/shielding while moving and enemies capable of shooting into multiple directions to become interesting. Also, lot more variety in weapons / enemies to allow multiple approaches and varying tactics for situations.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:22 pm

[quote="Daiz":1u0kxsda]The graphical style is very nice, but the gameplay is extremely repetitive, boring and to put it simply, not fun. Pretty much the only way to beat enemies without being hurt is to move in front of them, press shield, wait until they stop shooting and then shoot them back. Even this feels like too much effort since there's no real penalty to dying, I mostly just shot them until they died without caring about my own health since you're bound to respawn near anyway.

What it'd need at least is shooting/shielding while moving and enemies capable of shooting into multiple directions to become interesting. Also, lot more variety in weapons / enemies to allow multiple approaches and varying tactics for situations.[/quote:1u0kxsda]

And jetpack for the player and for enemies.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Yes, very nice work :wink:
B
G

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Holy crap, this really shows the potential of Construct's 3D abilities. It honestly looks like a modern 3D game made in a language like C++ than rather than something made in a game making program like Construct.

I love how you managed to do this with only 3D boxes. I could hardly tell that this game was comprised of mostly boxes alone.

Man, I know I sound like a broken record, but I want to see more like this. I really hope to see more 3D functionality in Construct someday.

Hell, maybe at the very least the ability to make half boxes to form triangles. That way there could also be sloped platforms in games like these. Would that be hard to do?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Possible, yes. One word: MESH.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm

[quote="Mipey":ilagqlyi]Possible, yes. One word: MESH.[/quote:ilagqlyi]

Are there any demos of the mesh feature being used for anything practical (as in an actual game) outside of it just being there? I'll reserve judgement until I actually see someone make good use of it.

Being able to use the 3D box object to make other 3D geometry (and perhaps someday 3D models) would be something with far more potential in my opinion. But anyway.

I just wanted to say that this demo is amazing. This is what Construct is capable of, and I know I say this a lot, but I'd like to see its 3D capabilities (and usability of said capability) pushed even further someday.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:04 am

How did you customize the icon for the game?
B
G

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:12 am

Click on the project tab down the right bottom right, and then on the right you'll notice a folder which says "icons" where you can change the icon.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Thank you! I didn't realize that feature was added. :D
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations