Platform Shooter Problems.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
The complete source file for my Youtube platformer game tutorial series.
  • So in creating my shooter, I ran across some problems maybe someone else could help me fill in the blanks.

I have it set up so the arm it detached from the body, so it rotates freely aiming at the mouse. However I tried setting it to flip so when the player goes left its doesn't look upside down, But it just messes with how it looks/Aims. So I set up a Different frame for Left/Right which works out perfectly until it come to the animation for when it shoots. Then it goes back to it original state. Curious if anyone had a easier way to pull this off?

Second Problem, well idea is when it comes to weapons. I thought about having different frames set up per weapon, depends on the variable set.

Would all of this just be better to set up new sprite per weapon and per direction?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try mirroring the arm instead of flipping. If that doesn't fix it, maybe you could upload a .capx to a filehost like dropbox so we can have a look? Or explain how your player's animation is set up. Does it mirror, or do you use two different animations for left/right?

About the frames, it's generally better to keep things within one object if you can. Like having the weapons in different animations/frames instead of using lots of sprite objects.

• When I mirrored the arm itself, it work fine but the angle was messed up. When I am behind me it aim to the front etc etc

Here is the DL.

Note: Please do not use any graphics for personal use. they are my own.

Just gotta say that.Download

• If that doesn't fix it, maybe you could upload a .capx to a filehost like dropbox so we can have a look? Or explain how your player's animation is set up. Does it mirror, or do you use two different animations for left/right?

Like I said, if that doesn't fix it, I will need more information.

Preferably a .capx file so I can see what's happening, it makes everything so much easier when it comes to problem solving.

• I updated the post with the dl

• Seems fine if you use flip, what exactly is the problem?

• Ah Flipped... lmao i was doing mirror...

• Haha, ok then, problem solved.

I did some angle restrictions so his arms can't move 360 degrees while I waited. If you're interested:

unrivaledneoGame.capx (r99)

• read my mind that was my next thing todo.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)