Platform spawning and reactive sprites

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Check the dummy sprite its attached to. You can change the dummy's size, and image point for that stuff.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:27 pm

[quote="newt":2pcq1nyx]Check the dummy sprite its attached to. You can change the dummy's size, and image point for that stuff.[/quote:2pcq1nyx]
I altered the image point and hotspot (seperately) for the road 'platform' sprite. It then for some reason started generating the platforms at 0 degrees instead of the as per event 180. Confused.

I've been messing about with the bullet speed and can seem to get it smoother if going below 150 speed, however this goes against what I wanted to achieve. Something fast paced is needed. I could just fake it with some screamingly fast parallax scrolling backgrounds, but no, I'll try this first.

Also, just one more question for now. My system is not a beast, 2.5ghz and 512mb RAM, and 128mb graphics card. I just put in a shooting element and every time I click the mouse to fire, one of the spawning platform sprites do not appear, as if it were churning some mass of information. The projectile appears fine, and then the road carries on as normal afterwards. Is this just to do with multiple things going on at once? I was controlling the road with arrows and firing towards mouse x,y.

Ho hum. I'm going to have a break for a bit. It's Friday. Surely that means I must get cider to get my creative juices flowing!?

For a little test, this is going quite well. I've learnt more today about the events system than I have in most of my researching over the last month.
B
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic