Platform starter pack Q

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 pm

not really, I guess it depends on the person creating them, I just like the pixel look.

I can animate a lot better with pixel art than vector right now due to not having the tools I would need but other than that I would say, neither is easier, it probably takes about the same effort, vector animation would be easier than animating your sprites but the process of preparing the vector art to be animated and such is tedious at times. It most definitely pays off if you get things setup right though.

As for environment tiles, it's pretty much the same in my eyes, the vector art will look a lot smoother and such though

Honestly I haven't worked with vector art for a while now either =\ lol
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 1:02 pm

@Patriick well if you do happen to bump into those old assets, it'd be much appreciated
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 1:12 pm

@Sulli: I think they may be on my external HDD but I have to leave the computer now... Once I am back later tonight then I will go through the HDD and see if they are there... If not I will probably just make some and post them in the tools/resources section.

If I do then I will send you PM letting you know.

Also if I don't get back on tonight I will be around in the morning for sure, I have a lot to get done :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Cheers @Patriick   
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 6:25 pm

[QUOTE=Sulli] Cheers @Patriick    [/QUOTE]

I haven't seen you online today, I was going to ask you if you had anything specific in mind...

Just as long as you don't go overboard with the request(s) I can probably get a little more done than just the basic platform tiles, let me know if there is anything more you would like, for example, collectible coins, a door and a key or something like that. Just as long as you don't mind me posting here for everyone either =]

Post here or send me a PM. I will work on them tomorrow, I was going to today but I ended up staying up all night and I will probably pass out soon lol

I also left you my Skype name in your other thread, just keep in mind I don't log on too often.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 6:31 pm

@Patriick oh really?? I've been online for nearly an hour
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 6:34 pm

[QUOTE=Sulli] @Patriick oh really?? I've been online for nearly an hour [/QUOTE]

Hmmm... That sucks then. Perhaps my browser wasn't refreshing when I was hitting the button =\ I know that's happened before
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Tools and Resources