PLATFORMER: Edge grab

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
On the Edge is a puzzle game where you have 40 levels to have fun with.
  • This is a simple example where I used the "Pin" behavour to give the player an effect of grabbing to something.

Sudgestions and examples with other ideas for this topic are welcome!

Example contains:

-Basic description in eventsheet

-Grabing on objects with pin behavour

-Releasing the grabed object with "jump" button that makes a jump effect and "down" button to fall off the grabed object

File: dl.dropbox.com/u/5214903/GM/EdgeGrab.zip

-------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: i made one small additional change in event3 to prevent the player droop rapidly

File: dl.dropbox.com/u/5214903/GM/EdgeGrabFix.zip

-------------------------------------------------------------

EXAMPLE2: In this example are basicaly familiar events and actions used to perform attach to the wall and jump away in oposite direction.

Example contains:

-Grabing on side of wall

-Releasing the wall with jump to oposite side of the wall

File: dl.dropbox.com/u/5214903/GM/WallAttachJumpOff.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------

EXAMPLE3

heres a lil more advanced with animation

File: dl.dropbox.com/u/5214903/GM/advclimb.capx

• Ingenious. I've been looking for a good way to do this, this is great as it snaps the player to the edge... all that's missing is a smooth transition from freefall to the snapped location.

• Thanks, I was figuring out how to make the "grabbing edge" system. This is the best way, because if you make angled walls, your Hero don't necessary will grab the edge that way.

• Ingenious. I've been looking for a good way to do this, this is great as it snaps the player to the edge... all that's missing is a smooth transition from freefall to the snapped location.

Hm if I understand right, you can try add action "system wayt 0.1" in the first event as first action.

It is a really small detail but it gives the player time to move closer to the "Overlaper" before it snaps.

Sofar i didnt came up with other solution to this yet ^^;

• THANKS!! That's really great!

• Hm if I understand right, you can try add action "system wayt 0.1" in the first event as first action.

Ideally I'd want it to pull the player toward the snapping location, essentially changing the trajectory mid flight. I've tried tinkering to no avail.

• I still got no real proper smooth pulling to snaping location but i though this could be also a nice example, inspired by an example for construct classic

dl.dropbox.com/u/5214903/GM/Advancedgrab.zip

Note: no description made for this one....yet

• Grrr, China and blocking sites, would love to see how you did the wall jumping, but can't access dropbox. I have your double jumping working (Nimtrix put up an image for me), and altered that for wall jumping (if wall to left/right), but don't know how to stop player jumping up one wall constantly or to stick for a few seconds. Any way to get your file other than dropbox?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • booth

Have you tried editing your HOSTS file?

http://eastasiastudent.net/china/dropbox-no-vpn/

• Hiya Nimtrix,

Just gave it a shot and no joy unfortunately, maybe they have cottoned on!

Only in China for a few more weeks, but it's annoying as hell

• Hmmm i guess i will need to start upload also screenshots of the eventsheet with all description...maybe that would help?

• SandBOX now is detecting edges and grabbing on ceiling, so, We all have two workarounds by this time, Miu3 and sandbox xD

Feel free to download the CAPX on the Arcade.

• Download a vpn. That should bypass the issues off locked websites.

• Hey Miu3, the links are not found, can you reupload then please?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)