Platformer Idea (What do you think about it)

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:28 pm

I used to get a graphic first and based on that I made myself a story but still in forever time to build it :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:50 am

You can use whatever story you want. You should play more games, watch more movies, read Dr. Seuss books, basically do whatever you can to get fragments of story elements you want to use so you can make your own. You can't seriously believe some random people are just going to write you a story. If they did then maybe they'd use it for their own games.

I'm going to suggest something stupid like you character isn't carrying 2 boxes with him but 2 "balls".
If your character is carrying 2 "balls" he can't jump. If your character is carrying no balls, he gets scared by random enemies so you lose control and let the ai take over for a short period of time.
He's dragging his "balls" all the way to the finish line...
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:13 am

Thank you verry much. I dont want to hear a complete story. That would be stupid. I meaned maybe somebody has a idea like the balls. Did i understand right? If you have the balls in hand you cant jump but if you do them away you cant control your person so good. MPlant maybe it would be an idea, to put in the jmp and Run places where if the balls are in something hapens( z.b. a door gets open). Its verry nice that you take you the time to answer me.
Cryttexx
My Project at this time: robottory-2d-platformer-devlog_t190807

(Sorry for my english. I know it is not the best)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas