[Platformer] Player Box - Multiple Characters

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Hey,

I'm working on a mini-game, which ideally I need to finish today, but I'm having trouble with my player and using player boxes.

When you start the game you are offered to select 1 of 2 characters, the selected character then spawns in-game. However, I'm not able to work out how to have a player box connect to the selected player, as my attempts then seem to freeze the player movement completely or multiple players seemed to have spawned.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I can share what I've done, but only by email (I don't have enough reputation for PMs) & I'm sure there are likely to be 101 things wrong with it, as it's the first time I've attempted anything like this.

Any help would be appreciated!
B

Post » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Hey Danny,

Sounds interesting, can you attach a capx to the post and I'll take a look

Can't promise anything im still a bit of a novice myself but sometimes an extra pair of eyes etc
B

Post » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 pm

What is a player box?

First idea is to use the pin behavior on your player box to your player sprite.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:07 pm

I agree with @oosyrag that the best route is in essence the player is playing as an invisible box with the character sprite pinned to it.

Though if you have a really small project with only 2 characters and not a lot of animations you could just load it all into one sprite and carefully event your animations based on which character they chose.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:12 am

Thank you all (@badmoodtaylor @oosyrag @Origami Turtle) and apologies for my delay.

I just wanted to let you each know I managed to resolve the issue :)
B

Return to How do I....?