Platformer/Bullet Hell Pre-Alpha

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:44 pm

This is a fairly early prototype, you customise your loadout with different weapons, perks etc. then tackle wave after wave of enemies,
At the start of a level you are given an objective which on completion will transport you to a new level and reduce difficulty.
You die when your combo hits 0.

Play In Browser: http://levelupjordan.itch.io/platformershmup-prototype

Left click to shoot primary, right click for secondary. Move with WASD

A few issues I think need addressing are:
1. The difficulty, right now the game in general and the objectives are much too tough
2. Art and sound
3. Upon completion of an objective the spawning in a new level is too quick and jarring
4. Needs more variety

Any feedback is appreciated, even if it's just reiterating the issues I mentioned above.

Thanks!

Jordan
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Really fun! Feels like a very arcadey game, sorta like a platformy Smash TV or something. I can see a lot of potential in it!

Personally I'd be tempted to grab some placeholder graphics from wherever you can find - something like the Spriters Resource will probably have plenty of stuff that fits the bill - and just see how it looks with some nice graphics on it, but that's me. Look forward to seeing what you do with it
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

There is actually an artist busy making art assets as I type so I felt like getting placeholders in for only a few days would be time/effort that could be used somewhere else wasted. I'll be sure to update the post when we have art :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:31 pm

And there went 30 minutes of my workday.... Nice prototype!
B
S
G

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests