Platformer/Shmup Prototype, How Does It Run?

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:38 pm

So I'm making a platformer/bullet hell type game with loadout customisation (think Luftrausers), here is the prototype's artless capx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/enepa24ikhhnp ... Thing.capx

You can mess about with loadouts by setting variables to 1 on the event sheet

On my laptop it seems to chug as enemies spawn but I'm not sure if it is my iffy at best laptop or inefficient programming. I'd therefore appreciate hearing how it runs for you.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:02 pm

It runs fine on my desktop. I'm not good at the technical stuff so I can't give much advice there, except the enemy spawning system is a lot more complicated then I would make it.

It looks really interesting by the way!
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:41 am

I have a very old hd3650 512mb graphics card on my laptop. Seemed to run smoothly until there was quite a lot going on, then it became only slightly hesitant (in chrome). Then I turned WebGL off and things were perfect throughout.

Liked the wall climbing enemies...
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 am

Thanks for your help! I'm glad you found it interesting, admittedly it's pretty bare bones at the moment but I'm glad you like the concept. So my laptop must be the cause of 15 fps performance, not the game-that's a relief. Thanks!!!

More feedback is welcome :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 1:58 am

Hey! @LevelUpJordan I'm trying to contact you, but I can't send PMs yet, If you hace skype or some way to get in contact with me, please let me know by PM :)
B

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 2:00 am

arivassilva wrote:Hey! @LevelUpJordan I'm trying to contact you, but I can't send PMs yet, If you hace skype or some way to get in contact with me, please let me know by PM :)

Yup, I'm LevelUpJordan on Skype too :)
B
S
G

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests