Play Ghost Rebel on Kongregate

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • Hi everyone,

I published my first game today on Kongregate : Ghost Rebel.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/zouhair ... host-rebel

I appreciate your feedback !

About the game

[attachment=0:2s8gclgp]title_1.0.PNG[/attachment:2s8gclgp]

It is a stealth-action game where you free hostages, hack terminals to steal sensitive data, and escape. You need to be on the move as your only weapon is your brain, you can't kill guards or stun them, so be careful.

Guards will start looking for you at any sign of suspicion, you don't lose when this happens, but the level gets harder. Stay hidden until the alarm cools down, then you can escape.

You play as Juniper, a mysterious agent that fights a global invasion using her stealth abilities.

In each level, you hack terminals to download important intelligence that will help the resistance and you free innocent people captured by the evil Federation.

Use the environment wisely, you can hide behind crates and walls, sneak unseen in shadows, and outsmart your opponents by constantly moving and thinking ahead.

You belong to an ancient order sworn to protect innocent people. The Order has a high respect for human life, so you’re not allowed to kill anyone, the only thing you can do when detected is run and hide.

Keep a dynamic attitude when navigating through the levels, change your plans frequently, don’t stop, keep moving.

You can see guards’ line of sight when you get close to them, use this information to sneak behind them. Don’t be afraid to get close, they can’t hear your footsteps.

Thank You C2 Community

I want to thank the whole C2 community for the amazing tutorials, forum posts and plugins. I thank the developers of Construct 2 and the users who constantly work to make this tool better.

I don't post a lot, I have barely 2 or 3 posts on these forums, but I'm constantly learning new stuff by reading your conversations and debates, as well as your tutorials.

Today is an important milestone for me, because I finished a game descent enough to be published. I wish everyone here who is a beginner or has not published a game yet does, and succeeds. Keep being awesome, dear C2 community.

Screenshots

Here are some screenshots.

[attachment=1:2s8gclgp]threeway1.PNG[/attachment:2s8gclgp]

• [attachment=1:1dy7b003][/attachment:1dy7b003]

[attachment=0:1dy7b003][/attachment:1dy7b003]

• Great job! Fun game and I love the title graphic/main character. I'd love to see some story with her in it. My only other suggestion is to use a different font (I've found sprite fonts are the way to go), the game looks professional otherwise but the standard font is getting in the way of that. Congratulations on this milestone!

• Nice work!

• Awesome, fun, challenging game. Although there are some bugs. Such as, if you let them go too long the AI paths start melding together into a big cluster of guards which on some levels leaves you with no way out but a death. Also, as people mentioned in the comments over on Kongregate, level 17 wouldn't load. Still nice work man, gave it a 4/5.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Awesome, fun, challenging game. Although there are some bugs. Such as, if you let them go too long the AI paths start melding together into a big cluster of guards which on some levels leaves you with no way out but a death. Also, as people mentioned in the comments over on Kongregate, level 17 wouldn't load. Still nice work man, gave it a 4/5.

I noticed that too, maybe I'm using the pathfinding plugin wrong, I already fixed that problem with hostages by teleporting them to your position when they get stuck behind. However, I noticed much less pathfinding bugs in chrome than firefox. Maybe I'll write my own pathfinding algorithm from scratch.

For level 17, some Kongregate users were nice enough to send me screenshots, I think it is a problem with internet explorer, level 17 has nothing special compared to the other levels. It's weird.

Great job! Fun game and I love the title graphic/main character. I'd love to see some story with her in it. My only other suggestion is to use a different font (I've found sprite fonts are the way to go), the game looks professional otherwise but the standard font is getting in the way of that. Congratulations on this milestone!

I had no time to include plot elements unfortunately, because I was trying to publish the game as fast as possible after a long period of procrastination. lol. I'll try to do it in future updates or in a sequels.

For fonts I used verdana everywhere, it was a quick solution but if I have more time I'll go with bitmap fonts as you suggested, it will give the game a more consistent look.

Thank you all for your feedback so far.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)