Play sound when enemy is alerted

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Good evening all,

i am looking for some assistance with my problem i have been having. I am currently just dabbling with Construct 2 and i have set up a small scenario which i am using to test a few different functions. Currently i have the scenario set up, so that you have to shoot the box, attain a key, walk to the door, the door opens and behind the door is a goon. I currently have managed (with heavy assistance of example provided through searching) to get the goon to path-find its way to the player, however now i want the goon to make a sound upon finding a successful path to the player, and then repeating the sound every few seconds.

www. dropbox. com/s/rznc9qy2usw90v1/Test.capx

I have attached what i have done so far (Please excuse the absolute chaos in the event sheet, still using the free version and cannot create families and i have done things in a totally weird order).

(Noticed i do not yet have enough rep to post hyperlinks, sorry about that)

Any assistance with my problem is greatly appreciated!
B

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:56 am

add the timer behaviour

goon on path found: play sound
start timer "goonsound" for 4 seconds (regular)

goon on timer "goonsound": play sound
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:26 am

Hi mindfaQ, appreciate you assistance however this has not resolved my problem.

I believe that a lot of the cause of this problem is due to the configuration of events which enabled the line of sight and path-finding to the player.

Thanks
B

Return to How do I....?